Hi I’ve just joined today

• 4 replies
  • 86 subscribers

I’m not sure what I need or even what I’m looking for….but thankyou for being there, it’s been one hellish month of tests, scans and finally the gynae appt for the diagnosis

• Hello and welcome to this forum. Some of us have been exactly in your shoes, and through the end of treatments etc and some of us are like yourself, just coming to terms with everything. So take a deep breath and give yourself a big pat on the back, for joining,  because for me, this site has been very valuable and a Godsend. The waiting must surely be the worse, if you like to share the type of cancer or stage and grade, other ladies likewise will jump in and offer their experience or you can ask away and we will try help in anyway we possibly can, chances are whatever you are going through or going to GO THROUGH SOON someone on here is in this same position or just been through it. There's helpful threads like, what to pack in your bag for the hospital etc and many booklets you can ask for, the community champion will also be along to welcome you, so please ask for help or just a chat or rant( we understand). 

Take care x

Madesp 
  • Thank you so much for your support - I received the letter this morning and it's reads

G3 endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the endometrium, extension to the left adnexum. Possible metastatic disease to the left pelvic node and lung.

Not good I know but I am positive and once the operation is over I need to gain strength to cope with the chemo. I'd appreciate any info on what to expect while recovering and going through the chemo process. 

• Hello The nurseryisgoing

I have just popped a reply on your other post. 

I remember all the testing, scans and results- it is a tough time. It's good that you have a date for surgery that is not too far ahead, but that also gives you a little time to prepare. 

My advice for the moment is to go with the flow a bit and accept that it is normal to feel a bit all over the place. I felt very up and down, coping one moment and then panicking the next. I did feel a bit better though after the initial shock was fading and I had a plan of action and could focus on the treatment. 

With the hysterectomy I was discharged the following day and it was very much about taking it easy and not doing too much too soon. There was little pain. It was more about not lifting etc. I was able to walk to my local shops a week after surgery. I felt a lot better within a couple of weeks. For chemotherapy, I had to be 6 weeks post surgery and have my wounds checked and bloods taken to check I was fit enough. They will explain it all nearer the time but my advice would to be to focus on one stage at a time otherwise it can feel overwhelming when it is all set out in front of you. 

I found chemo was not always easy but it was doable with the support of family, friends and Macmillan. The thought of having chemotherapy for me was actually far worse than my actual experiences. But as I suggested- best to focus on one thing at a time. Your post op pathology will confirm your grade and stage and a few other things and this is used to determine the follow up treatment. You already know about the chemo so it will just be confirming it. 

I wish you the best with your treatment and I found it really does help to share with people who have been, or are going through similar. I found even looking at past posts helped. 

It may help at some point to put something on your profile, just so people know a little about the stage you are at. It does help when replying to someone and also I found I didn't have to repeat myself. It is up to you though and in your own time.

Hope this helps

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello Thenurseryisgoing

It must have been a shock reading the letter, but it's good that you remain positive, I was Grade 3 Stage 1a. I remember the surgeon telling me what type of cancer, by this stage I had researched the different types and thought OMG, that's the one I definitely didn't want, but we don't get a choice do we?

My advice for now is to try and cope with what happens now, try not to look too far ahead as there's lots of ifs and buts and your head will spin!

Preparing for hysterectomy, here's the link hope it works:

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/womb-cancer-forum/f/general/217904/what-to-take-in-my-overnight-bag?pifragment-13906=1

One of our members wrote a diary, which hopefully you should find helpful, it was for me, here's the link for this also:

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/womb-cancer-forum/f/diagnosis-and-treatment/232566/hysterectomy-day-and-after---diary?pifragment-13906=1

Hope this is helpful for now, do get in touch if there's anything else you need to ask, take care x

Madesp