Nausea 6 weeks post hysterectomy

• 6 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hi Ladies

I was wondering if anyone has had any nausea feelings had my hysterectomy 6weeks ago .  And i have been trying get myself fit again before my next round of treatment starts.

So am i over doing it would this result in sickness, anyone had this?

Xx

• Hi  

I can't relate to this as after treatment but I can to fitness. I used to run before cancer and if I pushed myself too hard or weather conditions were bad I would be nauseous. Does the nausea last, do you vomit? What are you doing to get fit?

If you can't relate it to fitness, I would ring your CNS to explain what's happening. Hope you get sorted.

A x

• Hi Sistermoon

Thank you for responding, no sickness just nausea.

So yes i was very active walking twice daily at least 45 mins each time and then i also work in a vets and stand for the hours i was there.  So have been doing a bit of both extended my time at vets yesterday to 4 hrs in morning mainly standing at a desk so not much moving around and then did 45 min walk in afternoon.

I think maybe i have pushed a little to hard reading your message!

Xx

• Yes, could be, only 6 weeks after major op. I used to push myself hard but after cancer and chemo I can't do it. Got to pace myself with rest breaks. Listen to your body and don't be in a hurry to get fit, you don't want to be burnt out before your treatment, especially if you're back to work.

Take care,

A x

• Hi HFF, I’m actually a bit surprised that you’re back at work only 6 weeks post op! When did you go back? I’d say the walking is good if you’ve increased gradually, but I’m really not so sure about the standing. That might well be subjecting your still-healing insides to a lot of gravity. It makes me wonder too what else you might be doing in terms of lifting, twisting, bending etc? You mentioned wanting to get fit before your next round of treatment happens - could I ask what you’re doing for this? I’m a bit concerned that you may be putting yourself under too much pressure and may be doing too much. I’d echo sistermoon’s recommendation of talking to your CNS about your symptoms.

• Hi  

Hope you're well. Reading your reply to HFF made me think back to my hysterectomy in Feb last year. I remember talking to colleagues about my return to work. I had been aiming for 4 weeks post op and they were trying to tell me that even 6 weeks is early after a major op. I look back now and think, what was I doing, I wasn't looking after myself properly at all. I put everyone else before me. No wonder my post op symptoms were put down to overdoing it, as that was the kind of person I was then. I think I've changed a helluva lot in a year, for the better, I hope. Well that was a bit of a ramble, if you're still here, thanks for listening.

A x

• Hi sistermoon, yes I’m still here, lol! I should be doing other things but instead I’m gazing out of my upstairs window, watching the world go by, playing on my iPad, and calling it self care! I had my hysterectomy in January 2022, and when I was preparing for that, and was reading posts on here, I remember noting that the time to be especially careful was when I started to really feel better, as that was the time when I was most likely to do too much and overdo things, so I was especially vigilant. I listened to my body - and sometimes that meant doing more, sometimes that meant doing less, but always meant getting enough rest. Don’t get me wrong I was active right from when I got home from hospital, had a gentle 5 minute walk within minutes of getting home, and was up to walking an hour a day by 2 weeks post op. But with regard to twisting, bending, lifting and prolonged standing I was tough with myself about not doing those for several months afterwards. It’s not just our external and internal wounds that need to heal, we also need to not overdo things to help prevent a vaginal prolapse. Thanks for your post!