Hi new here

• 2 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hi diagnosed with womb cancer on Tuesday, also have an ovarian cyst. I go for MRI scan next Tuesday then wait and see what the treatment plan is going to be following the results.

• Hallo Newbie8, welcome to the group and well done for being brave enough to post. All of us here can identify with the shock of a cancer diagnosis and the emotional roller coaster ride that follows. I had my diagnosis in November 2021 and my hysterectomy in January 2022 - if you’d like to read any more of my story, please click on my name. If you have any questions, please do feel free to ask. I will give you one piece of unsolicited advice - don’t use Dr Google - but ask us here or use Macmillan as a resource. 

• Hi Newbie,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but a warm welcome to the group. Yesterday was a year to the day of my womb cancer diagnosis. I remember it was a bit of a shock and I felt very distracted and as though I was in my own bubble. If you want to read my story, please click on my username. It's not the most encouraging example though so don't compare yourself as we are all different. If you've not been given an Understanding Endometrial Cancer booklet yet, you can read it online on the Macmillan site. I used it a lot and found it helpful to know what to expect. I hope you get a plan soon and I wish you well for your treatment. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing,

A x