Nerves have started..

• 5 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Evening Ladies,

Well that time has come round 3 month check up (well it will be 4 lol), got my oncologist appointment for 21st September which is right in the middle of our holiday to centre parcs lol.  Only problem is I can’t get hold of my cns to sort out my ct scan been trying for 2 weeks to get hold of them.  I may have to call clatterbridge and have my ct scan there instead of whison hospital which I don’t want to do as if I have it at clatterbridge I won’t get the results until my appointment will Dr Cree but if I have it in whison the cns can give me the results about a week later.  The nerves have kicked in now, hate scan time. X

• . I'm the same stomach in knots, my scan is 8th September. Can you get back from your hols to attend the Oncologist appointment? Hopefully you'll get your scan done at the hospital you prefer. My scans are usually done at Boston but I see my Onc. in Lincoln.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted and it'll be good news, 

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Luckily the appointment is only a phone appointment so can have the appointment while I’m away.  I managed to speak to a nurse at the hospital today and my cns has requested a scan just waiting on a date but the nurse I spoke to today said she will try and chase it ip for me.  How are you getting on since chemo? It feels like forever waiting for appointments doesn’t it? My head runs away with itself and automatically thinks the worst. X

• Hi Rach,

I can understand the nerves, are you still feeling ok, no signs from your body?

I'm only just recovering from 5th chemo, felt ill for a full week this time. Had good results from midway CT but am starting to feel old pains returning and my hair is growing back already so I'm querying with myself if chemo is still working. It's all waiting and worrying for us with this cancer lark isn't it.

I hope you get sorted with your scan and it's good that the apt is telephone while you're on your hols. Hope all goes well.

A x

• Hi . Chemo seems a bit of a distant memory, hair's growing back nicely. Still got the peripheral neuropathy, numbness and pins and needles in hands and feet, drives me mad some days but doesn't prevent me walking 3 to 4 miles daily. I've got a bit of a worry with a pain that's reappeared in my side so hopefully the scan on 8th September will show it's just my imagination.

How are the wedding plans coming alomg?

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi @sistermoon I feel well and don’t think I have had any signs, I had some niggling pains month or so again but nothing major but now it’s scan time my mind is overthinking things and now thinking should I have got them checked.   hopefully your scan will go well and it’s just your mind playing tricks on you but it is hard not worry isn’t it?  It’s hard trying to decide what pains you should and shouldn’t worry about.  The wedding planning is going well thank you just a few little things to sort then we are done, not long to go now think it’s only 60 something days.  We go to centre parcs for 5 days on 19th September which I’m looking forward to so I’m hoping the scan results will be good lol. X