Diagnosed in march, had my hysterectomy and awaiting results

• 1 reply
  • 68 subscribers

Hi all,

Thankyou for allwowing me to join the website.

I had my first hysteroscopy in dec last year but continued to bleed afterwards, had a deeper hysteroscopy via epidural in feb this year, had a diagnosis of endometrial cancer in march, I then had a an MRI scan which showed stage 1 grade A cancer which has remained in the uterus. I know this is a very low grade slow growing cancer and the professionals tell me this is the the cancer to have if I had to choose one, actually I wouldn’t choose one, not ever, to me cancer is cancer does that make me less significant. I had such a lot going on in my life at the time of the diagnosis, ill health, family issues etc that i didnt take in the diagnosis, I lost my dad who i loved dearly due to funeral etc  i had to put off the operation.I was then booked in on 17th June, i turned up at the hospital, was gowned up and ready to go only to be told late in the afternoon my bloods were invalidated (whatever that means) I was then sent home, terrified. I think it was at this point that everything hit me as my consultant explained how upset she was that the op couldn’t go ahead and that it was necessary going forward. i had the hysterectomy 23rd June. I couldn’t have keyhole surgery due to difficulties which my wonderful consultant made me aware of on the day of surgery.  I understand I will get results from the hysterectomy in the next 3 to 4 weeks with follow ups. I am currently awaiting to hear from a dietician and the menopause team not sure how long this will take but its all a waiting game i guess.

I am feeling relieved that i have now had the operation and thankful that i have had my children, but i do feel some sense of loss im not sure what that is about. My husband who is my carer anyway has been in a terrible state, very stressed and upset, nothing has happened quick enough for him, it was worse for him when i got sent home from the first arranged operation.

any advice would be great please take care everyone 

lots of love Heart️ 

• Hi and a warm to our group of lovely ladies. Oh how awful to be gowned up and ready to face the op when it was called off, so stressful for you all. Not heard of bloods being invalidated so not sure what that might mean unless you were perhaps anaemic.

Good the hear the op finally went ahead. I assume that you're home and taking it easy. The hard part is definitely the wait for the histology results. We've all been there and can empathise how you feel.

Some ladies do feel a sense of loss when our womb is taken away, after all it brought your children into the world. It might be agood idea for your husband to join our Family and friends group. Sometimes family members find it as hard to cope with our cancer diagnosis so prhaps if he joined he's be able to chat to other people in the same situation. Just click on the link I've created to join.

When you get some results come back and chat or come back and chat whenever you feel like it. We're all here to support each other.

Sending welcoming hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett