Hi

• 1 reply
  • 69 subscribers

Hiya 

I’ve just joined as a google search brought me to this forum…

I hope I’m posting this in the correct section.

Im 38, and starting fertility treatment.. on the first couple of scans my lining was slightly thicker than they would of liked (12mm sim January) Was told to come back next month and see if it had changed.. it hadn’t. I then noticed small clots when I had a wee and spotting upon speaking to them they got me the next day for a scan. As they couldn’t see any polyps / fibroids they thought it would be best if they referred me for a hysteroscopy, which I had 2 weeks ago. After the  procedure she said the look of something (can’t remember any details) didn’t look right it should be smooth and mine wasn’t. She mentioned cancer in the sentence but I can’t for the life of me remember what was said  and wanted to take a biopsy but was going it under GA so she could take a big chunk. I received an appointment for 11th July which is the day I fly back from my holiday so when I called the hospital up she said I was on a urgent referral but as it wasn’t a 2ww - which I believe it’s only from GP’s I’m ok to have an appointment at a later date. 
basically I was wondering if anyone had had a hysteroscopy and had to have further investigations. 
I do have PCOS which was mentioned alot during the appointment . 

Thank you. & I hope this makes sense 

xx

• Hi  welcome to the group and yes, you are posting in the right section! You're joining a lovely supportive group of ladies who have all been pretty much where you are. 

Normally after a ultrasound scan which shows thickening of the womb we'll have a hysteroscopy where a biopsy will be taken Some ladies have had a hysteroscopy where a biopsy is done without the need for a GA. Others have under GA. I myself had a epidural as I had a stenosed cervix. If they want to take a larger amount of tissue as GA would be the normal route.

After the tissue has been examined you'll be referred for a CT scan and possibly a MRI scan. Then the MDT (Multi discipline team consisting of Surgeons, Anaesthetists, Oncologists and theatre staff) They will then decide what treatment will be offered.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for if or when you have surgery.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett