Good news again

• 30 replies
  • 76 subscribers

Hi all just want to pass on my good news again. 

I’ve been to see the oncologist this afternoon and Im happy to report that I  don't need chemo or external radiotherapy.  I am going to have brachytherapy once a week for 3 weeks.  I hope that works, I felt a bit nervous when she told me.  I felt a bit like “is that all”.  I’m sure they know what’s best. 

I hope everyone else is getting through their treatment with not too many problems.  Big hugs to everyone. Xx

• Hi Hawthorn I’m glad to hear you’ve got your treatment plan.  I know it’s hard to be told you’ll lose your hair but it’s much better than the alternative. Get yourself a nice wig. - reinvent yourself. Lol.  As you said it might all be over by Christmas the. You can celebrate. .  When I get my date for the brachytherapy I’ll let you know.  We’re on a journey to health and happiness. 

Take care and be kind to yourself.  Big hug x Maureen x

• Maureen do they do the brachytherapy 3 days in a row or is it over 3 weeks? I forgot to ask and the oncologist was more interested in telling all about chemotherapy.   Xxx jean

• Hi Jean.   It’s over 3 weeks so plenty of time to relax in between.   I’ve been told it’s painless. Yesterday they tried different sizes of plastic tubes to work out what size I will need for the actual treatment.  Xx Maureen 

• Hallo Jean, I had 2 brachy sessions a week apart - as Maureen said, a week between treatments is usual though some have them more frequently. I had mine last month and it was all fine. Mine were before the end of my external radiotherapy 

• Hi &

My Brachytherapy sessions were done in a matter of 8 days. First on a Thursday, then the following Tuesday and ended on the Thursday.

No discomfort after any of them ended but I remember when I got back to the car after the last one I felt very hot in the nether regions and realised the car's heated seats had come on !(It was the end of November so cold)

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

•   My Brachy dates in July are the same schedule as   first one on Thursday - day after final external radiotherapy then two the following Tuesday and Thursday 

Chrissie xx

• Hi Barb.  Thanks for the information. I haven’t had my start date yet, playing the waiting game again. Lol.   I’m sure I will be fine and I’m so grateful not to need anything else.   Will keep you all posted.  

Maureen. Xx

• Thank you everyone I don’t get my Brachytherapy until I finish chemotherapy so I’ll have to be patient .I’m getting chemotherapy because they found cancer in the vascular blood vessels and there is no way of telling if it’s spread so he recommended I take the chemotherapy just in case it has spread. Have any of you ladies heard of this? I’ve been looking but can’t find anything..xxx jean

• Hallo Jean, just to suggest that you might want start a new thread with your question as more people would be more likely to see it!

• Thank you for that MarmiteFan59.xxx jean