Good news again

• 30 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi all just want to pass on my good news again. 

I’ve been to see the oncologist this afternoon and Im happy to report that I  don't need chemo or external radiotherapy.  I am going to have brachytherapy once a week for 3 weeks.  I hope that works, I felt a bit nervous when she told me.  I felt a bit like “is that all”.  I’m sure they know what’s best. 

I hope everyone else is getting through their treatment with not too many problems.  Big hugs to everyone. Xx

• Hi Maureen, really pleased for you that you have had this good news. Do you have a start date? With my brachytherapy, I had a planning CT at the first visit, then treatments at separate appointments. If you have any questions please do feel free to ask! 

• Fantastic news Poppy123, so pleased . My appointment tomorrow with the oncologist.xxxx jean

• Hi Hawthorn.  Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.  She told me today I was 1b grade 3 so I was expecting more treatment. They obviously know what they are talking about so I’ll take what she says.  

I hope you have good news tomorrow.  Let us know. I’ll keep my fingers crossed Fingers crossed for you.  

Big hug.    Maureen. Xx

• Hi Poppy123

That is great news, Iam really pleased for you.

Robin x

• Good luck tomorrow Hawthorn xx

• Thanks Maureen, I know so little about cancer that I have to trust the professionals. Just want  to know when I start my next step of my journey. Will update tomorrow. Xx jean

• Maureen, from your comment about thinking “is that all?” I imagine you’ve picked up that some people with grade 3 are offered different treatment plans. Our consultants have to take a number of factors into consideration when working out what’s appropriate for us, including weighing up whether certain things might do us more harm than good, and that the risks might outweigh any benefits. If you have any questions that you didn’t ask, you could give your CNS a call as I know they’ve reassured you before. 

• Hi @Poppy123 I hope you don't mind me jumping on ur post. May I please ask if you have the same type of cancer as my mom please Serous Uterine carcinoma grade 3 stage 1. Oncologist also offered mom the same...radiotherapy but external. Thanks in advance for responding and it's good that you now have some clarity moving forward. Best wishes with treatment.

• I was just having a bit of a wobble but I’m ok now. I am grateful that I don’t need any other treatment. She did say that ordinary radiotherapy would make my Crohn’s disease worse which would be another problem to deal with.  I am happy that I will have follow up appointments and any problems will be dealt with immediately. 

Im being guided by the experts. 

• Oh gosh yes Maureen I’d forgotten about your Crohns. The radio did trigger IBS symptoms for me that I hadn’t had in years, so I totally get your consultant’s thinking on this as Crohns is far more serious than IBS. Bless you and I hope you get your start date soon. You’re clearly in good hands,