Serous Endometrial Cancer

• 18 replies
  • 91 subscribers

Hello, I was diagnosed earlier this year with this Type 2 womb cancer and had a total hysterectomy. It is a Stage 3, Grade 3.  Only 4 lymph glands were found to have cancer cells out of the many lymph glands removed.  I’ve had 3 rounds of chemo with 3 to go and then 4 sessions of brachytherapy. I was told they cannot guarantee a cure but will throw everything at it. So far I’ve not had too many nasty side effects from the chemo. Has anyone else had this rarer type of womb cancer and what was their experience?

• Hi . I was diagnosed as stage 1b grade 3 serous and had 3 sessions of Brachytherapy which was supposed to be a "belt and braces" approach to prevent recurrence.

Less than a year later I started to have a few problems which revealed it's metastasized in several places so I had 6 cycles of chemo. No significant side effects apart from peripheral neuropathy and felt rough a couple of days in each cycle.A Ct scan showed the deposits were barely visible so things looked good. I know I'll be undergoing more treatment by Xmas.

However I'm having a few problems at the moment and a CT scan is booked for next week. I'm not confident about the outcome.

Since I've been on the forum (2 years) thankfully the majority of the ladies have their procedures and gone on to the have quarterly check-ups without further need for treatments. Sadly I seem to be the one "that got away". 

I'm not writing this to frighten you, that's not my intention, but I believe in being totally honest and it doesn't always turn out the way we expect it to.

Big hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi  I am stage 3 as well, was all contained to womb but have 3 enlarged lymph nodes but they weren’t removed and not quite 100% sure they have cancer in but doctors are treating as if they are my type is rare but different to yours I have Carcinosarcoma.  I finished chemo in April with very few side effects and two of my nodes stayed the same and one shrunk a little so no further treatment needed or at least not for now.  I am having my 3 month check up this month to see how I’m getting on, ct scan on Wednesday then oncologist appointment on 21st. I have felt well since treatment finished so hoping for a stable scan. X

• Hi MrsBJH

I had just read your profile update before I saw this post of yours,  I am sorry you are feeling sad and I hope you continue to get the love and support of your nearest and dearest and us here on the forum,  I'm sure I don't speak for just myself but for other ladies you have freely given your help, comfort and support to, we are here for you too Heart️ 

• Thank you , at the moment I need all the hugs I can get!

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Barb, here is another BIG HUG from me-wish I was able to do something more to help you at this uncertain time.  xxHugging

• Hi Barb, as you know I’m new here, but you have already given me lots of advice and support when I’ve badly needed it. Here’s a big hug for you, and a kiss on the cheek to go with it, Julia x

• Hi there  I was diagnosed with high grade serous endometrial adenocarcinoma in 2016.  I had a hysterectomy with removal of the omentum and 20plus lymph nodes removed for sampling. . The histology showed the cancer had jumped from the polyp in my womb into a single pesky lymph node. I was staged at 3c1 because of this. I had had 6 cycles of chemo (carboplatin and paclitaxel ) followed by 25 sessions of external pelvic radiation. I have a small amount of peripheral neuropathy in my toes and the occasional bowel issue as a result, but otherwise I am blessed to be generally fit and healthy. My consultant counts the 5 years from when treatment finishes. He’s very understanding and when he realised I was a feeling a bit anxious at my last checkup (I’d had a tiny spot of blood after using the dilator) he checked me thoroughly. All was well but he offered to keep me on his books a bit longer to offer me some extra reassurance. I hope all goes well for you. Feel free to message if you ever want to chat. 

• Hi  I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts x

• Hi Gorlestongirl,

My cancer is also a rare type because it has a squamous cell element to it. Please see my profile for more details.  These cells are usually involved in skin and cervical cancer. My cancer has not followed the usual pattern and the team were shocked by how aggressive it is. I have had 5 sessions of radiotherapy for symptom control due to pain and problems walking. I am having 6 cycles of chemotherapy and the midway CT showed good results. My CNS commented that they weren't sure if the chemo would work due to it being rare and doing the opposite of what they expect. Hope you get good results from your treatment.

A x

• Chin up MrsBJH, I hope things go well for you. Sending best wishes, LR.