New to this forum

Hi everyone,

Just joined this forum. Waiting on results for surgery, which was a month ago today. I’m based in the East of England.

• Hi Mrs DW.  Welcome to our group.  Did you have your Surgery a month ago?   I am 2 weeks post op and I am waiting for results to see what is the next course of action for me.  My surgeon did say I would probably have radiotherapy but I am waiting to see if and when I will be starting it. 

keep strong and be kind to yourself. 
    Maureen. 

• Hi and a warm welcome to the group. It's by far the hardest things waiting for results so we all know how you feel. I myself am waiting for the results of yesterday's CT scan! (& I'm climbing the walls!)

Whilst your waiting for your results why not take a little time to update your bio/profile. It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. It's useful to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you so much!

• Hi 

welcome to this forum from someone who has gleaned lots of info and support from the day I joined, which seems many moons ago but in reality is only a couple of months. This is a waiting game, waiting for results, waiting for appointments, waiting at appointments, waiting for treatment and I could go on, my strategy is to put it away in my head and just get on with my life - from the beginning I was determined not to let cancer either define me or take over my life completely, it’s hard and not for everyone but it’s worked for me - as I keep saying to my family - it’s a hump in the road and I will get over it - ask questions rant away if you need to - do whatever is right for you 

Love

Chrissie xx