Hello.

• 6 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Good morning!

I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer two days ago.  I am feeling rather shaky and vulnerable.  I have great support from family and friends but am home alone atm and don't know what to do with myself!  Did other people feel the same?

• Hi Stelliebug.  Welcome to the group. The lovely ladies on here will help you on your journey. There's always someone who can offer you help, advice and virtual hugs when you need it. 

I am a bit further down the line than you, I was diagnosed last month.   Its been a bit of a tough one with all the waiting but finally got my operation date yesterday. I am going in on 5th May and I think Ive got to have radiotherapy after. We've got to stay positive and get it over and done with  i hopr you get your date soon, try not to worry too much  

Like I said the ladies on here are marvellous at calming your nerves and are full of good advice   Dont be tempted to ask Dr Google as the advice on here is from ladies who have been through it all and come out stronger on the other side  

Good luck and be kind to yourself  xx Poppy

• Hi and a warm welcome to our spot in the Online Community. We can all remember how we felt the day we were told we have cancer, numb, disbelieving and vulnerable. You're not alone now, you got us lovely ladies to ask  questions, have a rant or cry with and we'll all support you. Unless your friends and family members have been where you are now, they don't really know how you're feeling, we do.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Stelliebug

its hard to take in I was diagnosed in October after my biopsy appt straight there and then before I had the results back she could see growths I have wrote about my experiences in my profile. Unfortunately they can only treat me it’s not curable which I found out from CT scan in Dec but as long as they can do that I’m happy just coming to the end of my chemo 6 rounds next Tues is my last one I used to do lots of craft making I haven’t been able to do it anymore don’t know why I’m just doing codebreaker puzzle books and sudoku couldn’t so sudoku at first I’m setting myself little goals when I feel up to it so hoping that my craft making - knitting and crocheting will come back. Hope u are feeling better about things take care

kind regards 

Mo K 

• Hi Stelliebug, it’s good to see you here. I was diagnosed in November 2021 and still clearly remember that phone call when I was told I had cancer, and then the further tests and the ongoing mental battle to try and take it all on board and find my way forward, living under the invisible cloud. Have you been given contact details for your CNS? I found them really helpful and phoned them a lot for support. What’s the next step for you?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mo K

I wish on this site you could respond under peoples profiles.

I read your profile and it is really sad what you and your family are going thru. I hope you are feeling well...virtual hugs.

• Hi 

I was diagnosed a month ago and I know exactly how you feel. The community on here is amazing and so supportive, it is a great place for advice or a rant.

Take it one day at a time and know you are not alone 

hugs xx