Frightened!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 84 subscribers

I have a biopsy for my breast scheduled this Thursday and at the same TIME...Next Wed...I have the hysterscopy to see if I have endrometrial cancer and I know I do, I had the post menopausal bleeding and also since I don't take asprin or drink alcohol anymore...I feel PAIN in my pelvic area.

So my breast tumor is so TINY....But, if you have "invasive" breast cancers in 2 areas it rises what would be a Stage 0, 1 or 2 as just breast cancer would be turned to a Stage 4....2 CANCERS AT THE SAME TIME?

I can't breathe...I am an alcoholic that has not drank in 3 months....I don't know how much longer I can hold that off.

I feel like i am going to have the biopsy on Thurs on the breast and then DRINK...because I am so stressed

And then feel like sh*t for 4 days because I am older (58) and then have the scope on my Uterus.  Lets mention I have had the high grade HPV for 3 years now......not 16, 18 but another one.

I feel like a dead lady walking and trying to smile for everyone else. 

I won't say anything to anyone until I know WTH is going on. I have my treatments yearly.

If UTERINE CANCER and OVARIAN CANCER are so bad and deadly....they should be testing that EVERY YEAR.....The Pap only tests for Cervix.

Rant over...Thank you for being here and listening.

• Hi @Misssy

You have a lot to deal with over the next couple of weeks and understandably it’s a bit of a fight or flight stand-off you’re having with yourself.

I completely understand your panic and your stress.

It’s going to be a crappy week with not very nice procedures .. and more waiting. But I can see in your words the things I am doing to myself - building an image of your future self and laying yourself out a self-fulfilling path.

The positives are that you’re getting both these procedures done in a relatively short amount of time so that bit will be over. You also DON’T know the outcomes of those.

Of course you want to find anyway to feel different than you do now.

If your GP is anything like mine you might not stand a chance of getting to see someone before your hospital appts. If I was you I’d pretty much copy/paste this exact post into an e-consult to see if there’s anything they can do to help you get through these next few weeks. Even just having a chat with one over the phone might help.

I am trying very hard to live in the present rather than spiral into thoughts about the unknown future as that’s when the panic sets in and it doesn’t provide a great foundation for being well.

If you haven’t already explored it I’m finding quite a lot of comfort in using Headspace every day. There’s a “Coping with Cancer” course that discusses a lot of these topics and provides some exercises that help me calm down, get my breath back and get a bit of focus.

I don't know if that helps at all other than to let you know you are not alone? Best of luck for tomorrow and the week ahead.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cakenport

Thank you so much for responding.

You are right..I do not know yet....and I DO try to think positively.

Seems you know already thou....the postive moments come...but the panic takes over for now because I do not know what I am dealing with.

I am not as worried about my breast as I am about my Uterus...And more panic...I learned yesterday doesn't matter if my breast is Stage 1, 2....if I have it also in another body part..the cancer is Staged as 4.....

I don't want all these treatments...

Everything you said DID help...and DID make me feel not alone...I also have DEMENTIA...so I had forgotten I joined this site....I just saw a notification in my email, which I do check daily to see what mail is coming so I can NOT miss the important stuff. 

Thank you so much for reaching out to me.  I'm sorry that you also have the necessity to be on this forum or anything to do with Cancer....its so scary.

• Hi . Oh my love if I could give you a hug I would. Everyone who arrives in these groups is facing a frightening battle and you sound like you've got an awful lot on your plate. But you're not alone any more, we're all here for you to support and prop you up on the bad days, just say what you need to sa and someone will come along and offer a virtual hug. We've all been in the same position, frightened of the unknown - but we all get through it one way or another.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you. I know you're stressed but don't succumb to that drink, you've been clear for 3 months, don't give up now.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

OMG..I am here in awe of the strength you are showing to me with all you are going thru.

I really have no words. I am so sorry you are going thru all of this.

Virtual hug to you.

I will update my profile...It can't be as detailed as yours is because obviously I don't know yet.

But, I will tell you....I will stay away from that drink.

My original thought was the drink would make me feel better...and I could have cancer anyway...but now...I think I need to put everything into beating whatever this is...and I can't do that while drinking.

I'm known to not show up for appointments once I get on a drinking binge.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me with all YOU have on YOUR PLATE.

xo

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cakenport

Mrs BJH just showed me how to read profiles.

I'm glad you stayed presistent....or they wouldn't have found out until later in life that you had cancer.

I'm not sure about leaving ovaries in...and I am not a Dr....but you know how we research and research?  I have been and I have been reading to take it ALL.