New here

• 9 replies
  • 86 subscribers

At 67 and not a days illness I’ve been diagnosed with high grade serous/ clear cell cancer of the uterus - only symptom was an annoying discharge that came and went  very infrequently over6 months then came and stayed in December - long story short - referral to post menopausal clinic, ultra sound that wasn’t clear because I had a collection of fluid and pus in my womb called a pyometra and hysteroscopy and a call two weeks later from Dr confirmed cancer cells  - had CT scan on Tuesday ( and that’s a tale in itself ) postie delivered letter at 3.40 for a 4.20 appointment! and just waiting for results and date for hysterectomy- I feel perfectly fit and well lost no weight, eating and sleeping well - how can I have cancer ? I’m a glass half full person - always have been and this won’t change, my lovely husband and family are with me - so we’ve got this ! Reading posts has he.PED me realise I’m not alone ! 

• Bless you Mrsceedee, i imagine you’re in shock and struggling to process it all, and feeling overwhelmed. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to try and take it all in. This group is lovely and will give you lots of support, 

• Thankyou - it was a shock but I’m a very pragmatic person so feeling that every day passing is a day nearer to getting back to “normal” whatever that may be - thanks for caring x

• Hi I know well the absolute shock of a diagnosis of high grade serous cancer as  I was and still am fit and well with no weight loss.  I kept on expecting the hospital to contact me and say they had given me the wrong result.  Anyway now fully recovered from hysterectomy and ready for my 2nd chemo session next Tuesday.  Waiting for results and treatment is hard and scary as  we all know.  You WILL get through this and are certainly not alone especially with the support from this group.  Sending you a hug Hugging

• Good to hear you are still feeling well Walkinglady - I know I WILL get through it - hugs gratefully received Blush

• Hi and a warm welcome to our spot in the Online Community. You story echoes mine, same age, not a days illness in my life, then an unusual discharge over a couple of days then my cancer journey began with a high grade serous cancer. But as you say you're not alone having read the posts from other ladies here. We're a lovely supportive group ready to offer a virtual hug or listen to a rant.

It'll be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi there

I've also been diagnosed with Serous high grade surgically staged  1a.

Please read my story on my profile....click on my name. Let me know if there's any questions you have. I am now nearly 5 weeks post op and feel back to normal.  I'm just taking care Not to  lift anything heavy .

Hope all goes well for you. Xxx

Madesp 
  •  Thanks Mad - I’m hoping I’ll get my CT results this week - I just want to get moving with it so we can get on with life ! Glad you’re doing well after your op - and keep thinking positive thoughts - I may be back with questions 

xxx Chrissie

• Hi chrissie 

Of course! Anytime.

There's a chat about what to bring to hospital when you go for your op,  you may find useful too.

Maddy x

Madesp