Hi here again

• 1 reply
  • 84 subscribers

Hi. Apologies if I’m in the wrong place but I’m looking for honest advice.

My mum is 80 and has been told she has clear cell womb cancer after experiencing a period for nearly 6 weeks!

The hospital and staff are amazing but I’m confused over the grading etc especially if clear cell cancer is graded as a grade 2 to start with.

She has a date for surgery and I’m trying to be strong but we seem to have like everyone so many hurdles to get over.

sorry for the sorry for myself rant but today is a bad confused angry day. The reason for my anger- I lost my dad to cancer and my partner has recently recovered from Kidney cancer.

much love to you all x

• Hi and a warm welcome to you and your Mum to our spot in the online community. Don't worry about the rant, we've all been there confused and angry thinking why me/us again. My hubby had just been pronounced 5 years clear of Prostate cancer when out of the blue I was diagnosed.

I can help you with your question about grading but you could ask a nurse on the Macmillan Support helpline, freephone number shown below. They'll be able to explain better.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your Mum how you came to find yourselves here. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when your Mum has surgery.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett