Concerns after treatment

• 17 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi am new to this chat. I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer 3c grade 2 in December last year. 

Have been through chemo, full hysterectomy and 25 sessions of radiotherapy and 3 of brachytherapy. Treatment finished in July.

Have had ct scan but been told that I will have to wait until the new year for another scan before they can tell if  'whats not looking normal is either scar tissue or active cancer.'

I have started getting lower back pain, like a dragging pain, which is waking me up at night. I can't sleep on my back because of it. I feel the pain through the day also. Has anyone else experienced this discomfort? Is it normal? I'm concerned that it is the cancer my lymph nodes causing this. 

• I hope your mum is coping ok, has she been on the therapy for long? Is she having to deal with any of  side effects?

My oncologist is recommending me for Dostarlimab. Its for 2 years, like your mum.

Just waiting to hear when we start.

Will send an update.

Thank you for the contact Lucki2021. How are you coping through all this?

Tell your mum to keep going and all the best from me. 

Big hugs xx

• Hello Shellie

im very sorry for not responding sooner.  I didn’t receive the notification..

how are you?  Have you started treatment?  Mums been on immunotherapy since Aug and seems to be doing well 

yes - slight side effects.  Achy wrists and hands but mum says it’s a small price to pay if the immunotherapy works! 

look forward to hearing from you xxxx lots of love xx

• Hello Chui

very sorry for not responding sooner.   I didn’t get a notification about your message!

mum was orginally stage 2.  Received external radiotherapy and we thought it was dealt with.  She had the usual appointments but no scans.  Just a face to face and an examination…

we don’t think any lymph node samples weee taken during the original operation 

Have you considered paying for a private scan? 

lots of love and good wishes xxxxxx

• Thank you for your reply Lucki2021! 

Glad to know that your mum is responding well to immunotherapy. 

I have started the external radiotherapy. I had the 10th session today. 10 more to go and then 3 internal radiotherapy sessions. I saw the radioncologist today. She only chatted with me to ask me how I felt in general. She said there would be no scans in the follow-up meetings once the radiotherapy is completed. This really worries me. 

I do want to go for a scan or any other surveillance regimes in private hospitals. I will try to contact the one in London which seems to offer personalised post-treatment services to see what they can offer in my case. 

Best wishes to you and your mum!

Chui

• Hi Lucki2021

So glad to hear your mum is coping well. That must be such a relief.

I am due to start treatment on Friday. I am nervous about it...

I also have to have a procedure done for my kidneys, as they are not draining properly. Stents, I believe!

I have also been told results today that I have Lynch syndrome, which I suspected...

Will see how things go on friday..watch this spaceSlight smile

Take care, best wishes to your mum xx

• Hi Shellie69,

• Read your reply to Lucki2021. Just want to wish you well and good luck in the coming days. 

Best regards, 

Chui

• Thank you Chui.

Chui, I do hope you are able to get what you need.

This journey is a constant worry for us all isn't it?

I really hope everything works out for you.

Just keep us all posted.

Shellie x