Anxious

• 17 replies
  • 88 subscribers

Feeling anxious because the multi disciplinary team are discussing my scan results today and a second team at a different hospital will discuss them tomorrow morning.  I wish I could hear what they're saying. Nurse will ring tomorrow afternoon to tell me what the next step is. I find waiting is the worst thing. Trying to stay occupied,  but it isn't easy. 

• Hello. Get a pen and paper and write down what you want to ask the nurse when she phones. e.g. what is the next step? What sort of timescales to the treatment? Is there a number I can phone if I think of further questions? Can I bring someone with me to my appointments? Any Covid considerations e.g. isolating before appointments? Keep the pen handy to write down the nurse's answers as you may be given lots of information and it's hard to remember it all.  Good luck.  Are you in employment? You may want to ask for something in writing about your diagnosis and treatment to show your employer/HR folks.

• Thanks LittleRunner. I'm not able to work because of previous cancer treatment.  Great idea about writing questions down. I'll do that this evening. Sometimes your mind goes blank when talking to them. X

• Hi

I have an appointment tomorrow to find out results of mri. So scared! I don’t think there is going to be a lot of sleep tonight. Praying that it has not spread, 

Take care all. X

• I'm thinking of you.  The waiting is horrible. Can't stop trying to guess what they're going to say. X X

• Hi we've all said the worrying and waiting for results is the worst thing about this whole roller-coaster journey. Your mind goes into places it shouldn't go. Not long now until you'll get your call, then come back and tell us if you want to what's going to happen next.

Sending reassuring hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• No phone call so rang up. The bloke answering the phone was a bit short with me. My CNS is on holiday so was expecting another CNS to ring me this afternoon.  Now he's said he'll pass the message on and might not hear back for 48 hours. 

Feel like crying with the stress of it all. Sorry for sounding pathetic. 

• Oh you're not pathetic at all. I often think some medical staff need to be trained as to how to deal with us cancer patients - sometimes they're very offhand. My own team are really great and if my own CNS is off one of the team always gets back to you so it's another postcode type lottery. All you can do is sit tight I'm afraid.

Big hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thanks Barb. I've been on pins all day.  I'm going to try to eat something now. X

• Hi Shirley,  mine's Friday. Also terrified. So much love to you xx

• Hope all goes well. X