Tests

• 6 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hey everyone, apologies if I am in the wrong place. 

I have been suffering from intermittent bleeding between periods, reduced cycle and pain for almost a year. I also have had bleeding from my back passage and been referred to the bowel surgeon for a colonoscopy as I had an abnormal stool sample result. I have had issues with constipation for a really long time  

In February this year I went to A and E due to the pelvic and back pain as well as pain down my right leg. Initially they thought appendicitis however after an US scan I was referred to Gynaecology dept as it appeared my womb lining was thick. After a TV ultrasound and really painful biopsy the Gynaecologist referred me for an MRI as she could see something and wasn’t sure what this was. The biopsy was clear but she said she didn’t know if she managed to get enough  

I had this in May and the gynaecologist has called to say I have a thick band of scar tissue going through my womb (c sections) and a polyp on my womb lining. She has now advised I will need a hysterescopy to investigate the polyp but these are usually benign.  I have no time line for when this will be, still in a lot of pain and bleeding between periods. My question is, surely the MRI would have shown if the polyp was definitely benign or malignant? I am worried about it although trying hard not to let it take over as I can’t control the waiting time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• I had very similar pain to you but not the bleeding. I had all the same tests and they've come to the conclusion that it's a cancerous fibroid. Everything I've read says fibroids are always benign but they think it's cancerous so I'm having a total hysterectomy next Tuesday. If they think you have cancer everything is done within a short timeframe. Mine will be less than 6 weeks from start to finish. I'd contact the consultants secretary to ask what is happening next. Take care, Deb

• Hi Deb, thank you for the response.

I feel everything is going extremely slow and it’s making me anxious, I suppose at least I have had the MRI and the hysteroscopy is next, the waiting and google do not help.   I thought an MRI would definitely give me answers  

Sending you a ton of love for your op next week. 

Sandra

• Hi Butterfly Dreams. As you found the biopsy painful (I guess this was a biopsy of the lining of the womb?) then ask about having anaesthetic for the hysteroscopy. Best wishes. LR.

• Hello little runner, I had a biopsy at the hospital and the pain was horrendous and they had to stop as a result, I had no pain relief, the gynaecologist said she wasn’t sure if they got enough and the results came back benign. This was before the MRI. 

i was reluctant to request anaesthetic as it will take so much longer to be seen and I feel like my head is going to explode. 

Sandra 

• Hi Sandra, if you found the biopsy painful I really think you should ask fo an anaesthetic of some kind for the hysteroscopy as this can be pretty painful for some ladies. There are all sorts of local anaesthetics these days, they don’t need to knock you right out.Have a look at this article on BBC news website. You want to get it done, not have to abandon the procedure if it is hurting you. Good luck!
    www.bbc.co.uk/.../health-57557296

• Thank you Jigsaw I called the hospital today to be told the consultant hasn’t added me to the list for the hysteroscopy and someone will call me back. I had the conversation with the consultant two weeks ago followed by the letter. This feels like a nightmare, I am going to request some sort of anaesthetic, thank you ladies for the advice xx