Biopsy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 85 subscribers
  • I have a date 15th im scared I can't go hospital on my own no support can I.  Can't have visitors noone I'm gonna be freaking out all over  feel scared
  • Have you asked the hospital if someone can go with you? It doesn't harm to enquire.

• Hi . Last year, due to Covid, I ended up going to all my assessments, scans & consultations on my own. I drove myself to have a hysteroscopy at 5 in the morning to be there for 7am. My bestie drove my hubby to collect me and bring me back in my car that evening. I ended up staying in the Hospital Hotel the night before my op as the hospital was a 2.5 hour drive away and had to be there for 7am!  Hubby dropped me off in the car park and that was that! Obviously I wasn't allowed visitors but the nursing staff were extra friendly and very caring. TBH when you're feeling like c*** you don't really want visitors. I would've had hubby moaning he was doing all the dog walks and I'm lying in bed having an easy time of it LOL!

Be reassured, the nurses will know exactly how you feel and our NHS are brilliant at putting you at your ease. It's the scariest time in our lives when you're going through it but, before you know it it'll be all done and dusted.

Sending gentle reassuring hugs, Barb xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to PoisonedApple

No I'm sure I will be ok just I know how sick I M after anaesthetic. Yes the nurses are really nice

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

Sweet