I'm a Cancer statistic

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hi Ladies

Recently diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer, early stage 1A, Grade 1.  Completely overwhelmed and totally unexpected, having no real symptoms.  TLH is booked for 27th of this month and full marks to the NHS for their swift action thus far.  I'm scared (clearly), and now unsure about everything.  It seems I may have an added complication with the MLH1 gene but that is for investigation after surgery.  It's hard to say anymore at the moment - it all seems very weird, sorry.

• Hi MFS, welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will get lots of support and advice here, as we are all in the same boat, altho at different stages of our journey. Like yourself I had very little in the way of symptoms so my diagnosis was an utter shock. It’s hard to believe it when they tell you, so I understand if you feel in a haze of denial and disbelief.

I think most people here agree that this first bit is the worst, waiting for tests and scans, then the op and more waiting for histology results. If you are lucky you will get keyhole surgery, and the recovery time from that is much quicker than if you have to have open surgery. Have a search through the forum to find topics such as what to pack in your bag for your hospital stay etc. And if you click on user names you can read people’s profiles, logging their progress so far.

Ask any questions you like, someone usually pops up with a suggestion,  and it’s not too long a wait for your surgery, so good luck!

Viv

• Hi   and welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you are now. A possibility of cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The ride no-one wants to get on.

I was exactly the same, no symptoms, just a few spots on my undies I was going to bother the doctor as didn't think worth it. Thank goodness my bestie nagged me. Due to Covid the time between my diagnosis and Op took a few months but I agree full marks to our brilliant NHS. I've now finished all my treatments, except for follow-ups and like Viv still can't my head around the fact I've had cancer.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi, MFS

i had stage 1b, grade 1 cancer in 2018, had surgery and am now fine.

it’s all very upsetting when you first hear those dreaded words, but your cancer is early stage and low grade, which makes it likely you’ll achieve a full cure, just like I did. 

hang on in there!

Gusbunxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gusbun

Hi

Thank you for responding.  I'm just out of hospital following surgery so now waiting for results.  Having a little more time to assimilate the medical implications I have found some calm Slight smile

• Hi MFS, great news that you’ve had your op and are out of hospital. Now you must just take things very slow and easy for a while and let your body recover. It’s usually a 2-3 week wait for the histology results, so try not to fret, at least it’s out of your body now. And good that you are feeling a bit calmer! Look after yourself,

Viv x