Womb cancer

• 4 replies
  • 71 subscribers

HI, im new and had a total hysterectomy in February '21 during lockdown. I have stage 1 womb cancer and they had to remove the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix and womb. I was diagnosed in December and it came as a total shock as i hadn't expected it to be womb cancer and thought i was going in for a discussion about  the coil (mirena) which i didnt really want. They had done a biopsy and i didnt even know i was going to have that at all, so the word biopsy set alarm bells, but i shoved it to the back of my mind. They also did a scan in Dec which didn't show anything sinister. This has been an emotional rollercoaster and has now been 7 weeks since my op. Now i am dealing with the surgical menopause and have had some sweats and sometimes feel anxious.

• Hi I’m sorry that you had to find yourself here but like to offer you a warm welcome to our little corner of the Online Community to the Womb cancer group. Here you will find a lovely group of supportive ladies who are all at the start, in the middle, or at the end of the  same rollercoaster ride so it’s good to hear that your operation has taken place.

A cancer diagnosis will bring many questions, lots of confusion and stress but I found being able to talk with other people who are on the same type of journey helped me a lot. The ladies in this group are all hugely supportive so ask away, we’ll hopefully be able to answer your questions or just send a virtual hug.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs Bx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi tablet, I relate to all you are saying. Someone called me from the hospital to tell me they needed to schedule an MRI for me, and I didn’t even know why. When I went in to see the doctor the next day, I was thinking that I must have cancerous cells, otherwise, why the rushed MRI request? I have Stage 1 as well and also feel incredibly grateful that it was caught early. My surgery is Tuesday, which was scheduled very quickly...also something I feel grateful for. Feeling pretty calm and worried that I should be more nervous than I am. I feel a bit removed somehow. I am post menopausal so am a pro with the night sweats and hot flashes. I can tell you from experience something that really helps. As soon as you feel one coming on, sit up straight with your feet flat on the ground, hands resting on your thighs (palms up or down). Breathe in for 7 counts, hold for 4, then breathe out for 8. I do it with my eyes closed, over and over again, until it passes. It doesn’t prevent the flush from happening, but it does make it easier to deal with and for me, it goes by quicker. Hope that helps. :-)

All the best,

Supercub