Can anyone help

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 87 subscribers

I've just found out that I am listed for ureter washings as well as my total hysterectomy.  I know what ureter washings are but is this normal?  Or is it to make sure they haven't damaged the ureters?

• Hi Janetmumof4 welcome to the forum and sorry to hear how confused that you are. I confess I havent heard of ureter washings before but have popped in from another thread, so maybe someone else may know more. However, in the meantime I wondered if you may like to post your query in the ask a nurse thread which I have provided d a link for, for you, and you need only click this to take you straight to this. They may be able to give you more information about those procedure and if it is normal. 

Ask a Nurse forum.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Janetmumof4

I had a Pelvic flush which I assume is the same as a Uterus flush. You need to to check what procedure you're having- is it the Urethra - the tube which drains urine from the body.

Basically after they've done the hysterectomy they'll flush a liquid through the pelvic cavity and analyse what comes out. I'm glad they did as the flush revealed I had some malignant cells. That's why I was offered brachytherapy, just 3 sessions. My lymph nodes were clear and the LVSI was zero

Hope this helps, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

Thank you.  Ureteric flush.  But assuming its dye to check there is no damage to my bladder system. Xx

• Hi there, do you have a history of stones/bladder problems then? seems a little strange! 

Could it be the normal doctor's illegible handwriting? But you would be used to that haha! Check with your CNS, they'll be able to clarify.

Bxx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi , I must admit never heard of them doing that before. I have heard about them doing a pelvic wash to check for sneaky cancer cells that are roaming. Great idea that they are having a good look about though. 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

No renal or urinary problems shat so ever