BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION

• 5 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Hi, I had my pre op last Friday and my op is this coming Friday. At my pre op I asked if I should still take my Lisinopril which is for high blood pressure on the morning of my op (I take Atenolol as well) as other ops I've had I was told not to take it. Pre op nurse said it was ok to still take it. It's been on my mind since and can't seem to shake it.  I have rung my CNS a number of times but have not been able to get through. Know it's a long shot but wondered if anyone else on Lisinopril took it on the morning of their op. I am booked in at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital Sheffield.

Sue.

• Hi Sue

It is hard when you get confusing information.

Have you got an email address for your CNS?

My alternative suggestion would be to email the consultant's secretary and ask them to get someone to call you regarding arrangements for taking lisinopril medication on the morning of your surgery. 

You could also ask the advice of your GP who would know your dose etc and would have details of your surgery.

Common questions about lisinopril - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

Hope it all goes ok on Friday- I am sure you will be well looked after. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Jane. I have emailed my CNS.

Sue. X

• Hello  

I can certainly understand the confusion i take Lisinophil and was told not to take it. However everyone is different and they have to assess everyone differently and they really should have been clear to you as it would only cause extra stress for you. I hope you got a reply from your CNS, i can’t understand why one said not to take it and another said its ok. I hope that everything now has been straightened up for you and i wish you all the best for your op tomorrow, gentle bear hugs coming your way Bear

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Thanks GBear

My CNS rang me earlier today and said if they told me to take it at my pre op then I should take it. I’m still apprehensive though as hadn’t to take it for previous ops although they were at a different hospital. 

Sue. X

• I least they have got back to you   and given you an answer, fingers crossed for tomorrow, and try to relax as much as you can this evening and over night.

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies