Swimming after surgery

• 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello has anyone gone back to swimming soon after robotic ? I am 7 weeks post op and they said I can go at 8 weeks I love swimming but I am worried if it’s safe the Drs said it is but I feel strange going when it’s so fragile down below, I am having bracytherapy soon and don’t think I can go after that for 6 weeks I think they said thanks 

• Hi Shirleydana

I would check with the radiotherapists when you go for your brachytherapy appointment just to be on the safe side. 

I hope that you are recovering well from the surgery.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Yes thank you hope you are well xx 

• Hi  , swimming is a wonderful way to keep fit and i am glad you love it so much. I agree 100% with   its better to seek advice from your team. I love swimming too although not done much lately as i was picking up a lot of UTI infections  which unfortunately i am prone too although the medication i take now seems to really help reduce them touch wood, so i hope to get back to swimming soon too. This is  another reason to be careful as your healing from surgery and having treatments to come. Although my surgery was a little bit of both open and laposcopic ( which i cant seem to spell sorry) but i did wait over 6 months before swimming not sure why as i healed well and water supports your body so much but i was like you concerned about being fragile down there with healing especially the internal stitches, so definitely best to ask about it and i send my best wishes on your healing up after surgery. I hope you get the go ahead soon to do something you enjoy so much this all helps our healing and wellbeing.

sending gentle bear hugs 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies