Spotting 4 years after treat

• 21 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Hello

its been some time since since I visited here. I had hysterectomy etc for stage 3 womb cancer in December 2019 and was discharged after 3 years of monitoring. I noticed a small amount of blood on my panty liner today. I am recovering from covid and taking antibiotics for a chest infection and have been coughing continuously for two weeks. 
I am hoping this could be the cause of the spotting and would appreciate hearing if anyone has experienced this.

Thanks and hope everyone is well

• Hello  , sorry to hear you have been dealing with covid and having a chest infection, i hope that eases very quickly for you. Now with regard to the spotting there is a number of reasons for this to be occurring and its always best to report your spotting either to your CNS if your still under the care of the oncology team or report to your Gp.my experience at the moment is I am under investigation now for some bleeding i am having  and was told that yes its possible its down to menopausal changes being that i was only 38 at the time of my hysterectomy but after a couple of examinations well 3 recently, the oncologist realised i was actually in a lot of pain and that the vaginal vault was red and inflamed and this can be for a number of reasons, so now waiting for an examination under anesthetic and to have most likely as he said a  biopsy. He also noticed that my bladder was bloated and said he wanted to look inside there too. As there is a possibility of it being renal related or both. But i was glad to of gone to my Gp about the bleeding because its important its investigated and its for your reassurance. They will be glad you came to them with the concerns too. I had my hysterectomy in 2017 and had the odd spotting here and there, its just that its more often now including a few nice looking blood clots. Th only thing that is delaying when i have the procedure is i have uncontrolled sleep apnea and have had a second sleep study in December because i was boarder line on what treatment options i could have and the waiting for results is months, the first one i waited over 6 months but was told the wait was 4. The one good thing is because the oncologist wants to give me a good examination under anaesthetic they are going to have to chase the sleep clinic up to get the results directly so they can determine what level of anesthetic  i can have, didn't know it can restrict what drugs they use and hopefully i will not be waiting too long this time. Although i have had my pre op so thats a big help.

so i highly recommend for your own reassurance that you report the spotting and I hope you feel better very soon the chest infection etc.

sending gentle bear hugs Bear

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• I thought check ups were for 5 years they are in my hospital. I had a recurrence in 2019 found on ct 3 years after hysterectomy and still having scans. If it were me I contact the cns. They made it very clear I should contact them straight away if I had any problems at all.

Kate

• Hi Christmas2019

I would recommend you give the hospital/GP a call and get checked out.

I am still on check ups but have been told to report any bleeding, however little to the team. If I did they would get me in for a check up. 

The spotting can have different causes but always better to get some reassurance. 

If it helps, give the Support Line a call and talk it through with one of the nurses. The number is below.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi  ,

I had a total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy 18 months ago for 2 womb tumours stage 1a and 1b. Experienced some bleeding 2 months ago, pelvic pain developed, urine urgency, constipation, pain in my coccyx. Had my results yesterday which confirmed a tumour and the top of my vault. Please get checked just in case

• Oh my - so sorry to read this. Must have come as such a shock to you - especially with your original tumours being stage 1a and 1b.

Did you have any treatment afterwards, such as chemo?

Really hope they are able to treat this new tumour quickly for you and your recover soon :)

• Hi  

Just catching up on reading on the forum and saw your post. I'm sorry you had this bleeding. I agree with everyone's advice to get checked out - just to be on the safe side.

How are you now, 

• So sorry to ask   but can I ask what the pelvic pain and spin in your coccyx felt like and were there things that made it worse or how was it at night? 

• Hi  

Sorry you are going through this. I agree 100% we should get checked if we have any unusual symptoms.

Thinking of you and sending best wishes for your treatment and recovery.

Kxx 

• The bleeding started with a period type pain of cramping. My coccyx hurts like I've fallen on it or as if I've been sat uncomfortably for hours. 4 months on the pain is pretty constant at the top of my vault. A dull pain that is quite intense and also under my pelvis between my legs as if I've been hit with a bat. 

• Thanks I'm having planning CT scan tomorrow with the hope of starting radiotherapy on Monday