TWO DAYS TO GO BEFORE SURGERY (WORRIED)

• 12 replies
  • 68 subscribers

Well it's here and after two years and as my husband said to the consultant about 8 weeks ago "I have never seen someone like Williamina wanting an operation so bad most people try to put it back but not her"

Well on Friday 24th May 2024 my time has come and I won't lie I am absolutely terrified it's been a long two years that I have had time to worry stress about wanting my buddy Mrs Cancer away and going through 4 Hysteroscopy's one under anaesthetic three without MRI'S CT'S Bloods Scans bleeding heavy clots for nearly 6 months or more I felt so tired I still do as I have loads of pain around my right ovaries and the pit of my stomach then being told how high a risk I am due to being disabled diabetic high blood pressure and morbidly obese BMI 60 at start May 2022.

So in 2022 my weight started out at 160.6kg then about a year later 2023 I met with the robodoc in an other Hospital were they have been doing robotic surgery just over a year, I was told "due to my weight and complexe medical problems I was against any surgery whatsoever as the risk of me coming of the table was limited or the quality of life might be less is I take a stroke or heart attack but he wanted me to see the Anesthetist for consultation so about 2 months later we had a meeting with her and she definitely didn't want to put me under due to the high percentage regarding risk leading to death stroke or heart attack, she went on to say she would need a central line in then i would be in critical care for a couple days then the ward after that and that she only had my interest first and foremost hence reluctant for the operation, after that meeting about 3 maybe 4 weeks later I had another meeting with robodoc were I was told if I got my weight down from the 152.9 kg to 149 or 148kg then he would schedule me in for the operation but under the condition that he puts the camera in first to see if he could get to the areas he needs to get, I need a goal for when the weight had to be off something to work towards which was 6 weeks I got down to 143kg and he was really pleased,   I am know 141.3kg my BMI is now 53.4  I thought I would be going to the day unit on Friday 24th 2024 with losing the weight but my letter has came in for the ward so I feel out of control again as I don't really know my care plan and what's happening which is making me feel so sick the the fact I told hubby I don't want to go through it.

I am so scared something might happen and who's going to look after him as our daughter is down South in Southampton with her partner.

•   . It is wonderful news that it's done and you are home with support of your husband.

It sounds like a painful ordeal. After such a long journey to this point, I hope the journey ahead is much kinder to you. 

• Hi, glad everything is now done and dusted and you are on your way to recovery. Hopefully with the rest you need you will soon be back to your normal self and like me wondering what all the stress was about. Take each day as it comes and listen to your body. Wishing you a speedy recovery x