Awaiting results, patience vibes please

• 6 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hello. I am new here and not even sure if I should be.

I went to my GP with unexplained and unusual bleeding (I am in Perimenopause and on HRT) who referred me for an ultrasound. The sonographer said it all looked fine to him so I thought that was that but then I had a hysteroscopy appointment come through. Hysteroscopy showed a large growth area at the back so the consultant has done a biopsy and I am waiting for results of that.

I have read the whole of the internet so I am fairly sure what the three possible outcomes are likely to be, I just want to *know* so I can deal with whatever that is. It' s been over 2 weeks now waiting for the results. I can't call anyone to ask and I just don't know how to continue waiting. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

• Hi Samlet and welcome to the group. If you’re in the UK you can phone the gynae consultant’s secretary and ask when you’re likely to hear. You can also ask what day of the week the MDT (multidisciplinary team) meet - they’re the ones who discuss results - and ask how you will be given the results. 

• Hi  

I understand that waiting for results is so difficult. My experience was this:

My Consultant had already told me I had cancer on the day he actually did my hysteroscopy. He had clearly seen enough to know. He said he would call me the following week. The call one week later from him confirmed what he had already seen - that it was indeed cancer. That's my story but there are many different stories on here and no two are the same.

If you'd like an exact date it's probably best to call your Consultant's secretary to enquire what the team's usual routine is re giving results.

Hopefully you will have better news than me - and I get that you just want to know. The waiting around is hard but it will soon be over and I wish you all the best.

Kxx

• Thank you. I have tried calling but there’s never an answer just an answer phone that says we won’t give you results or an appointment lol. But I will leave a message tomorrow. Thanks. 

• Thanks. The consultant seemed to think it wasn’t yet cancer but then I’d already been told everything was ok once ! 
    I know I’m being silly I just want to know what I’m dealing with so I can deal with it! 
    hope you are doing ok. 
    Thanks

• You're definitely not being silly - you just want to know and we can all empathise with that feeling.

Good luck with leaving a message tomorrow Thumbsup 

Kxx

• HI Samlet

Try emailing the consultant's secretary- there should be an email address on a letter. I did and was phoned back by the consultant.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm