Results and updates

• 6 replies
  • 64 subscribers

So I've have a lot to update you on, the results are in and there has been a recurrence in my endometrial cancer. I have a 3 1/2 cm tumour at the top of my vault. I have had persistent bleeding so have been rushed through, for which I am grateful of.

I start treatment on Monday with Cisplatin every Monday for 6 weeks, 25 sessions of external radiotherapy and then 3 sessions of brachytherapy. It all sounds so scary with so much happening so quickly. I've had my planning scan and little tattoos and the Velindre cancer Trust have been phenomenal 

• Hello Lee75

I am sorry to hear that you have had a recurrence of your cancer. It must have been hard to hear that it had come back. It is good that you have a treatment plan and I hope that your chemo and radiotherapy goes well. 

I had my chemo and radiotherapy straight after my hysterectomy so have been through both. They can be tough treatments at times but I did find that they were doable. It can be hard when it is all laid out in front of you and I remember thinking that I would never be able to do it but once started it did all go quicker than I thought. I was well supported throughout. Most of the side effects can be managed I found. 

If there is anything you want to ask or need, then please do say so.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi  

I'm sorry to hear about your recurrence - not easy news to hear. The Velindre Centre sound like they are completely on top of the treatment plan and you can move forward knowing you will have excellent care and support.

I haven't had chemotherapy but I have had 27 sessions of external pelvic radiotherapy. There are ladies on here who have had both so please ask any questions and you will get support from us too.

I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best for your treatments.

Kxx

• Thanks for taking the time to respond Jane I really do appreciate it. It feels like a lot when the doctors go through all of the extra medication, scans and side effects there are. I'm also type 1 diabetic so have to adjust all my insulin dosages x

• Thanks KT for taking the out to respond, it's all so overwhelming at the moment. I really do alue the support from everyone x

• It is a lot to take on board so be really kind to yourself.

Get yourself a notebook to write down any concerns or questions you want to ask your team. Eat as well as you can and get a daily dose of this lovely Spring sunshine. Getting yourself in the best nutritional shape you can prior - and during - treatment.

There may be times probably when you feel overwhelmed so post on here or call the Macmillan helpline just to chat about how you are feeling. 

We are here for you.

Kxx

• Sorry to hear you had a reoccurrence of your cancer I haven’t had reoccurrence but the treatment plan I had after my hysterectomy in April 2022 is exactly the same you are going to be having. I started the chemoradiation with radiotherapy 5 days a week for 5 weeks with Cisplatin every week on a Thursday followed by 3 brachytherapy. The chemo days were long but it wasn’t too harsh and I had very few side effects - mostly diarrhoea from the radio and it was all over in 7 weeks. I’ve been well since and hopefully this plan will work as well for you - good luck and hugs 

Chrissie