My first follow up!

• 4 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I had my total hysterectomy in September 2023 and finished my course of radiotherapy in February. I had my first follow up appt yesterday.

I was nervous as I didn't know what to expect. The doctor I saw was kind and I did not feel rushed so I had a chance to discuss some concerns.

I had a full examination of lymph nodes and an internal exam - all done with care and respect. I am thrilled to hear my surgery and vault has healed really well. 

My next appt is in 6 months. No scan or anything needed apparently so I guess that is good news too. I did not know what to expect at this first appt - especially as our follow ups seem to vary between hospital to hospital. But feeling relieved today and a bit emotional too.

Best wishes to you all.

Kxx

• Such a lovely post have a great weekend and all the best for the future Thumbsup

• Am glad your first check has gone well. Scans are not done at my hospital either- I was told only if there were concerning symptoms or if anything was found on the physical check. Otherwise not needed. Such a relief to get the first check out of the way and to hear that everything has healed. My continued checks have all been similar to the first one, chat about any symptoms or side effects, quick check of abdomen/lymph nodes and quick internal. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Fabulous! Good to have that first one under your belt! I asked my oncologist about scans and, in her kind but matter of fact way, she replied “there’s nothing to scan - it’s gone”. Hopefully you can now try to move on and try to put it out of your mind as best you can for the next 6 months!