3cm x 3cm polyp

• 2 replies
  • 63 subscribers

Hello all. I hope you don’t mind me posting - I feel a bit silly as I don’t have any confirmation of anything right now!

I am 46 and have had AUB for around 6 years. Periods getting progressively heavier and longer. I went on to combined HRT a year ago hoping it would calm bleeding down but it didn’t. Had ultrasound scan that showed endometrial thickness of 20.5mm, and a 2cm x 1cm polyp. Booked in for hysteroscopy, coil and polyp removal which happened about ten days ago. Have since had doc report saying the polyp was 3cm x 3cm. Should this be a worrying sign? Quick google search suggests most uterine polyps are smaller than this. Doc booked a follow up appt for 4 weeks from date of procedure so around 2.5 weeks to wait. 

Anyone else’s experience with large polyps greatly appreciated. Just want to prepare myself if this is something I should potentially worry about.

Tthank you! 

• Hello  

Sorry to hear you are having to go through all this, but good that you have had your hysteroscopy and polyp removal. The waiting for results and answers is always stressful and we can all relate to that - but not long to wait. Then you will have a clearer idea of what is going on.

I don't have any personal experience of polyps but there will be other ladies on here who have.

It's tempting to Google for information - most of us probably have at some point. The problem is that some information is out of date/not applicable and misinformed. Everyone's situation is unique and no two of us are the same. So my best advice would be to take it day by day until you get your results and no more googling (much less stress for you).

Whatever the result, there will be a plan of action for you and it may not be anything to worry about after all.

Wishing you all the best and keep in touch.

Kxx

• Hi, 

I had a large polyp removed and the pathology on that for me was that it was pre cancerous; unfortunately I also had a cancerous mass. 

Hope this has helped and not made you worry more x