Finally had hysteroscopy/biopsy

• 18 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hi all, just wanted to let you all know that yesterday I finally had my hysteroscopy/biopsy after waiting all these weeks. Consultant said no polyps or anything so just the lining biopsy result to wait for.  I will let you know.   Just wanted to say thank you for all your help over the last few horrendously long weeks. 

• Hi Maz25

Am glad you have finally had it done. Hopefully it won't be too long to wait for the biopsy results. Mine took around a week but it can vary a bit between hospitals. 

Good Luck and please do ley us know if you need anything in the meantime.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Well done - was it all okay for you?

• It went ok considering I was really anxious as you know. Just have to wait now for the result. I'm a bit achey and sore today. Thanks for asking x

• Pleased to hear you’ve had your hysteroscopy now…I have had quite a few with biopsies taken of womb lining and polyps removed..my results came through from 2 weeks at the quickest to almost 6 weeks at the longest…its horrible waiting, hope you get your results quickly and they are all ok x

• Thank you....I'm glad it's done. Don't like GA at all. The waiting is the worst thing and as you know this all started back in October so it has been a mental toll. They said results in about 2 weeks but I've heard more like up to 9 weeks people have waited. 

• Hi Maz25, if they said 2 weeks, if it was me I’d start asking at 12 days! Do you know on what day of the week your MDT meet?

• Not sure if I have a MDT as I've not been diagnosed with anything yet

• Hi again Maz, the MDT (multi disciplinary team) are the ones that review all biopsies. When I was first put on the 2 week pathway as a precaution, and had my hysteroscopy, I was told two weeks for the results. On day 14 (a Weds) I phoned the secretary of the consultant who’d done my hysteroscopy and asked when I could expect to hear back. She told me that all results go to the MDT first, and that my result had come back the previous Friday afternoon, so it had missed the MDT meeting for the week as that was on a Friday morning. She then told me that mine would definitely be reviewed that coming Friday morning and she made a phone appointment for me to be called after the MDT - which did happen. Some may not like getting their results by phone but I’m glad I did. There may be some differences between hospitals but it wouldn’t do any harm at all for you to phone the secretary, and ask for clarification about when and how you will receive your results and if they will go to the MDT first.

• Oh right thank you for that info. I know I was told the results would be about 2/3weeks and I'd get a letter (I think if it's bad news a phone call). However I know that at my hospital results are taking upwards of 7 weeks even for bad news, I did question the consultant about this but she didn't say much. To be honest I'm just dreading the phone ringing or an email coming because mine is all online now