High Grade Adenocarcinoma

• 2 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Oh dear, what I thought was just a Stage 1, endometrial cancer, turns out to be Grade 3, high grade adenocarcinoma.

Scans suggest there’s no spread, but they really don’t know, and will be removing a few lymph, and piece of stomach lining to test.

Research indicates an aggressive little b****r. Added to which, there’s still a lot unknown about it. I understand, that following surgery, radiotherapy and/or chemo may be given.

Anyone here, have experience of these dastardly cells, and subsequent treatment?

Trying to stay calm…….Ommm

• Hi I was reassessed after my surgery to stage 1b grade 3 high grade adenocarcinoma. I'd had 6 or 8 lymph nodes removed at the time of the op. They were clear as was my LVSI. They did find some malignant cells in my peritoneal flush and , because of that , I had just 3 brachytherapy sessions. 

Stay calm and be positive and try not to overthink things. They'll only be more certain after the histology's taken place after the op.

Big hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett