OP DONE SO WHY AM I STILL SCARED?

• 1 reply
  • 63 subscribers

Hi, 

I joined back in May as I had been diagnosed with womb cancer & was due to have a full hysterectomy.

Well I had it on June 10th & according to the Dr they got it all and the cancer has gone, but I’m to have a review in 3 months.

Friends & family are all over the moon for me and yes of course it’s good news, so why am I so scared? I keep thinking it’s going to appear somewhere else, the thoughts are so real I’m not eating or sleeping properly. Is it normal to feel like this? Am I likely to get it somewhere else?

I have my routine mammogram on Monday & I’m terrified that they’re going to find something even though I feel no changes when I examine myself.

Thank you if you’ve read this far, I’m just so scared & confused.

Take Care

Denise x

• Hi Denise, welcome back great to hear the op went well and the cancer's gone. 

Cancer is a strange thing, when you're given your diagnosis you think "No - it can't be me, it's got to be happening to someone else" Then when you have the op and told it's all gone you think " No, it can't have gone". It's a surreal place to be.

I've only been a Champ since the end of January but the number of time I've read that on here and different forums is hard to take in. I was invited for a routine Mammogram shortly after my Brachytherapy and I was sure something would show up. When I got the all clear letter I wept buckets - I think more than when I got my diagnosis.

I think, sadly, no matter what we're told our mindset thinks every ache and new pain is "It's back" so we've got to put these thoughts out of our head and kick them into touch.

A lot of ladies here have read the articles on the Life after cancer so why not take a look. Don't think you're alone in this, you're not and if you want to talk more about it come back and chat.

Think positive, hope the mammogram on Monday goes well.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett