Its been a while

• 1 reply
  • 62 subscribers

Hi, its been a while since I've posted on here. I've been really struggling still with everything that's happened since getting the cancer diagnosis and then having a full hysterectomy and not being able to have more children. My husband has been really poorly since his heart op and then we find out 3 weeks ago that his heart has gone in to Atrial Fibrillation and his heart needed to be shocked back in to a normal rhythm plus I've had my 3rd operation where they have finally removed the kidney stone and stent and then they have put another stent in which has annoyed me. Plus we are trying to get a diagnosis of Autism for my daughter. And ive had one counselling session then I hear nothing so I chased them up and can't get seen till my daughter goes back to school meaning everything in my head has to stay there till September so frustrating. Sorry for the rant xxx

• Hi . I'm so sorry to read what you've been going through since your op. I remember your hubby was having a heart operation. A friend of mine recently had a procedure for Atrial Fibrillation and she is now fine but it's a scary time. It's good they've finally removed the kidney stone, I don't know much about why stents are put in, pardon my ignorance  - will it be a temporary measure?

It seems so hard that the one time people have a need of counselling services for various situations and they all seem to be so hit and miss in being available.  It might be a good idea to take a look at Emotional Issues forum. I recall a lady here found it very helpful.

Don't forget Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. So why not give them a call. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett