What happens after chemo and after the 2 year immunotherapy drug ends?

• 4 replies
  • 63 subscribers

Hello Ladies

Hope you all well

i was wondering if I could ask for your help please and guidance?

My mum is due to have her last round of chemo in three weeks time.  She had a hysterectomy about 3 years ago with radiotherapy.   Unfortunately it’s returned in her pelvic lymph nodes and para ortic lymph lymph nodes.

I read the prognosis and had a complete wobble but you have all supported me and given me encouragement not to google things too much!

we think mum is also on an immunotherapy drug trial which is a trial for 2 years 

so far the scan from last month shows that the chemo is working     Some of the lymph nodes have shrunk significantly so we are all praying that the progress continues...and the nasty cells are banished away...

my question relates to what happens when the trial comes to an end?   Will that be it or will they continue to offer the immunotherapy drug?

any info/guidance given gratefully received 

Lots of love to you all and best wishes xxx Heart️Heart️Heart️Heart️

• Hi . It's good news to read that the scan's showed the chemo is working. I think it might be a good idea to Ask a Nurse here on the forum they might have an idea what the forward plan might be unless any of the ladies here have had the same course of treatments. You may need to wait a couple of days for a reply though.

Sorry I can't help any further, hugs to you and your Mum.

B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you x Heart️Heart️

• Hi lucki. Just sending best wishes to your mum and hope the final chemo goes smoothly and the good results continue. Have you asked the trial coordinator? Stupid question but they have a mountain of knowledge behind them and are experienced in all sorts of trials. Probably the answers will come from the CT scan. They normally continue for two years but if something is proven to work they can continue for longer or that's what I was told anyway. I was also told there were other treatments available so the door isn't necessarily closed after the trial. Ask the coordinator or the consultant on your next visit. Love and prayers. God bless. Lamb.xxx

• Dear Lamb

Thank you for your lovely reply 

yes will ask mum to ask the coordinators.   Hope you well Lamb.  Sending you tons of god  wishes and love Heart️ Heart️Heart️Heart️ xxx