Any Hysterectomy advise?

• 13 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hey all!

ive recently been told (Monday) that my cancer is back and I’m being booked in for the hysterectomy. Do you have any advise? Or thing/tips you wish were told before going in?

I’m 27, was previously of the hormone fertility saving treatment (for about a year and 1/2) to reduce the cancer, followed on by a year ‘off’ treatment trying to get pregnant. Truthfully I thought everything was going fine, my body finally started having regular periods (hasn’t done that since I was a teen) so was hoping I’d be pregnant before the end of the year! Have no children, so trying for our first!
my last hysteroscopy/ biopsy came back suspicious- so they sent me for an additional biopsy and MRI. Called in on Monday to discuss the results, already knew it was bad news when the nurse was waiting for me at the door. Cancer is back and now slightly higher grade (trying to spread its love?), still contained in the womb so I know how lucky I am- but can’t help feeling gutted!

im not too sure on the time scales, or what to expect! They’re hoping to do it via keyhole- and leaving my ovaries. Just taking the womb and tubes. Any advise on what to expect would be incredibly helpful, definitely freaking out a bit here! 

thanks in advance x