Vulva/ Vin treatment cream

• 1 reply
  • 27 subscribers

Hello, 

I am 44 and just have a second diagnosis of VIN. Last time the cut it out and the results were VIN3-4 I understand it's not cancer but hoped someone may be able to advise

I have just had more cut out and they have come back with Aldara treatment. I wanted to ask if anyone has used the topical Chemotherapy cream as an alternative, the last time I used the Aldara cream I had terrible side effects and was quite ill. I understand the chemo kills the cells directly as the other triggers your immune system to kill the cells.

Can anyone share their experience please? 

Thank you Blush 

• Hi  

I’m not a member of this group but noticed that your post hasn’t had any replies yet, so my reply will “bump” it again for you to see if anyone can help. 

I’m sorry you had a bad reaction to the Aldara (Imiquimod) treatment last time and can understand your reluctance to have this treatment again. You mentioned topical chemo cream, so could I ask if you are referring to 5-FU chemotherapy cream? 

Have you been able to have a discussion with your doctor who prescribed the Aldara about this and how you reacted last time? If not, I’d suggest giving them a call to ask whether topical chemo cream would be an option for you. 

I’m hoping that other ladies with direct experience may be able to give you some advice, but also that the doctor can give their rationale for using the Aldara and maybe give consideration to an alternative.

I hope you are recovering well from your latest procedure and can find a suitable path for your follow up treatment. Please keep us posted if you can.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm