Vin3 turned aggressive

• 2 replies
  • 30 subscribers

I’m 38 was diagnosed on21st aug 2023 with vin3 then had a emergency biopsy as it’s turned aggressive last Monday waiting on results but am so scared as I been going to doctors over a year they said it was a cyst etc when it wasn’t and now it’s sore lot  worse and spreading anyone else been in same position please thanks 

• Hi  and welcome to the community and this group.

I noticed you hadn’t had a reply yet so I thought I’d just say hello and keep your post at the top of the list.

I haven’t had the same of experience as I had cervical cancer, but I’ve had a number of treatments over the years so I hope you don’t mind me replying to you while you wait for others with VIN3 to come along. I have seen several posts about VIN3 in the group recently, so I’m hoping some ladies might come along to share their experiences. 

It can be very scary waiting for the results of biopsies, so I hope you don’t have long to wait to hear more. Did you have any treatment after your diagnosis? I’m just wondering how it was decided that things had become aggressive and you’ve only now had a biopsy? 

Have you had any help from your doctor with your pain? If you haven’t, I’d suggest making contact with your gp to access some assistance with this as I know myself it’s very difficult to keep going with a lot of pain, especially in that area. 

I hope you’ll hear from other ladies soon so you can connect with others who’ve been through this, and I hope you’ll post again to let us know how you get on. I’m sorry I don’t have exactly the same experience to share with you.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello Dancingdiva.  I'm new to the group.  I was diagnosed with vulva cancer on September 6, 2023.  I had a vulvectomy and two lymph nodes removed on November 21st.  I had a cyst for over 15 years.  I always had my annual exam with my general practitioners.   Due to relocations, I had maybe 4 different doctors over that time.  All said it was normal.  Around covid, it started to itch and became more of a sore.  I thought it was yeast or maybe psoriasis.  I have Lupus and psoriasis is a normal in different areas all the time.  I used creams over the counter and prescription.   It seemed unbearable about a year ago.  My new practitioner referred me to an obgyn.  After playing phone tag, I gave up as it was bearable.   It came back with a vengeance.   I scheduled with an obgyn, who did a biopsy.   From there, everything moved quickly.   However,  it seemed like snail speed.  My lymph biopsy came back with two .3mm cancerous spots.  I will be starting radiation as soon as my surgery sites are healed enough.  Everything seems to be healing well.  My skin is inflamed both at my healing port sites as well as on my vaginal region.  My right vaginal lip was removed.  Hopefully,  my story helps you in some way.  One thing I've found is the internet gives extreme case scenarios.  Your doctor will have better advise.  Please feel free to ask ANY questions.   I know this is a sensitive area and can seem embarrassing.   I am so grateful for this group!  I wish you peace while you wait.  

Kristy