Hi Just joined

• 8 replies
  • 30 subscribers

I don’t feel where I am is anywhere near you guys!! I did have vulvar cancer removed 10 years ago and it was successful with no other issues but it’s back at different stages 1,2, and 3 in different bits. The consultant has prescribed imiquimoid cream. I don’t have it yet as they can’t get any but on other sites, reading their stories mainly about genital wart removal. There was one lady same as me stage 3 and it has made me feel a bit concerned. My Consultant said to “slather” it on ? Anyone used this cream before ? 

I have been very lucky a few times, cervical cancer when I was younger and thanks to the NHS but the emotional and physical toll has been a journey albeit a tiring one. I am glad to have found here now to share and support.. 

• Hi  and welcome to the group.

I’ve not had this myself (I had cervical cancer) but I’ve seen a number of discussions about this cream in the group. If you type imiquimoid into the search box beside the magnifying glass at the top of the page it will bring up previous posts where it’s discussed and you should be able to connect with other ladies who’ve gone through this treatment. 

You’ve been through a lot already, so I can understand how that takes its toll. I wish you all the best with your treatment.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Sarah .. Hope you are doing well xx

• Hi  

I’m doing fine thanks for asking. I’ve just noticed that in the more recent discussions the cream is spelled as Imiquimod so if you use that in the search it will come up with more. I’ll tag in  who was talking about it and hopefully she’ll see this. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi  

I had a diagnosis of VIN3 and Vulval cancer, I don't have any experience of using the cream so I am not sure I can be of any help. I just wanted to say I am sorry to hear of the emotional and physical toll you have experienced. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to be told it has returned.

I hope someone with experience comes along soon and I wish you luck with your treatment.

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Hiya Anne, I'm currently on the 2nd course of treatment using the Imiqumoid cream. My 1st course was brutal at the beginning I'm not going to lie, but I did learn little is more, don't apply more than is needed! It worked really well for me the 1st time leaving me with 2 small areas that needed to be removed, which was done in April this year. No clear margins though from Vin3 removal, but it is what it is and I move on. The cream massively shrunk the areas I had. So back to 4 weeks after surgery my Gynaecologist said it looked brilliant but there was one area I didn't like the look of, he wasn't overly concerned but said I could do the cream again, so I'm 5 weeks into using it again and it's a breeze this time, I don't know it's even been put on like before! I see my Gynaecologist in July and if there's anything left I'm asking for surgery again. If you need any more advise please do reply xx

• Hello , I have stage 3 and used the cream . For me it wasn’t a good experience and extremely painful. I blistered , ulcerated everywhere and bled .

I then had the vin 3 removed with surgery .

everyone is different but it wasn’t for me . I was told to only put it on the affected areas 
    Hope you get on with it ok x 

• Oh I’m so sorry that must have been a horrible experience!!! Then to have the operation anyway to me seems to be wasted time and negative experience.. I hope things with you are ok now .. thank you Prayr replying .. I am glad I joined it’s been helpful reassuring and enlightening.. all the best Pray

• It’s not a good experience using the cream I’m hearing from lots of people but if it works to a degree then maybe it’s worth it .. I’m still debating that in my head as surgery still seems to go ahead anyway … not from experience Thinking but I did read if it doesn’t cause the blisters etc it’s not working or maybe your body is dealing with it this time who knows it’s all a mystery ThinkingFlushed… 

let me know how you get on and thank you so much for responding it is appreciated Pray