Have just got my diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

Hi all, last Friday was diagnosed with vulva cancer stage 1B, I had an operation three weeks as precancerous symptoms were there and biopsy did not show cancer but histology did.  Now waiting for a letter for CT. I am scared to death, cry all the time. I feel I have to ask questions but I don’t know which and what to ask. 
i was fired from my job because I was on sickness leave for three weeks, and I have just started with them as a temp worked only for a week, so they tossed me away, ironically the company is GIS Healthcare which was part of NHS and now part of Gloucestershire County Council. I have asked for a reason and never got a reply. Just feel totally abandoned 

• Hi ,

Welcome to the online community, although I’m sorry you find yourself here. 

I’m sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I too was recently diagnosed with stage 1b vulval cancer, so if I can be of any help please do let me know. 

I empathise with your feelings of being scared and upset, it is a lot to take in isn’t it. I would like to give you hope in knowing that vulvar cancer is often treatable. 

There are no right or wrong questions to ask, but it’s worth keeping a pen and paper close by to jot down anything that may come to you. Don’t be put off by asking a question that may feel silly, if it’s important to you then it’s always worth asking. For me I wanted to know what would happen next throughout my treatment and it sounds like you have that covered at this point as you are waiting on a CT scan. 

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your job in addition to what is already a difficult time for you. 

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have as I’m more than happy to help if I am able to. 

Good  luck with your CT scan and please do keep in touch. If you feel as though some emotional support would be helpful then please do give the Macmillan support line a call, on the phone number below, where you can speak to one of our friendly and experienced advisers. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm