New diagnosis of DVIN

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi, I have recently finished wle surgery, then 32 sessions radiotherapy on June 18th, in July I noticed another wart like growth White in colour near top of vulva I have had biopsy again and all I know at moment is it is DVIN, now my surgery was because they thought I had vin 3 then in surgery they could tell my clitoris had cancer and removed this, they told me it was stage 1b cancer invasive with euretha involvement and then I had  32 radiotherapy, can anyone tell me what treatment for DVIN is it means differentiated VIN I can't quite believe all that I've been through which was hell on earth with the pelvis burnt to smitherines and the pain unbearable that I had something back just month later, I'm quite anxious about it ect, has anyone gone through same or similar, what is usual outcome of this, any advice please any info will help thank you for reading xxx

• Hi ,

I am so sorry to hear you find yourself in this situation again, especially so soon after your last treatment. 

I had a wide local excision to remove VIN3, however I think the treatment is based on many factors such as the stage of the VIN and the patients wishes. 

You may find this information on VIN and the treatment for it helpful. You could also ask a nurse your question around the treatment for DVIN, by clicking here.

I appreciate your feelings of anxiety at this difficult time. If you feel you may benefit from some emotional support then please do call the Macmillan helpline on the phone number below. 

I am very happy to chat if that helps and please do ask if there’s anything I can help with.

I wish you the very best of luck. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello, vulva cancer warrior, update my doctor says they managed to remove the lump DVIN with clear margins which is great news, except now my mons pubis has large lump I can feel, I saw doctor Monday last week and I've had an mri scan Sunday so just got to wait to see what wrong, my vulva is also swollen one side and itching is bad and I have all sorts pain come and go, so at moment I'm really worried, if cancer on mons pubis I have no idea what treatment would be as already had radiotherapy down there after the op to remove clitoris, so I am scared xx

• Hi ,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. 

Thank you for the update, I am really pleased to hear your surgeon got clear margins in your recent surgery.  Although I’m sorry  to hear you have found another lump and have discomfort. Your worries and anxiety are understandable and I hope you receive some news soon that can help put your mind at rest. 

With  regards to treatment options if you were to find that you have cancer on your mons pubis, I wonder whether a nurse on the ask a nurse forum may be able to help. If you would like to ask your question there, you can do so by clicking here.

As always good luck and please do keep us posted. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi, thank you so much for your reply and advice xx appreciated x