Struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

Hello everyone, my 82 year old mum has vulva cancer which has spread to the lymphnode and opening of the bladder. She starts radiotherapy on the 7th June for 6.5 weeks, five days a week. We are really struggling to her to eat and drink, and can’t get her up out of bed to wash her properly. It is breaking my heart seeing her like this, don’t know which way to turn.

• Hi JNB welcome to the group, but so sorry to hear about your mum. I am concerned to hear that your mum is not eating or drinking. I would normally suggest you ask your mums GP to come and assess her, but as it is the weekend, I think you would benefit from calling the Macmillan support line. They are open tomorrow from 8am on 0808 808 00 00.

If your mum is not having any fluids at all though, I think you should call 111 for advice. 

It is so difficult when we see people we love in such distress. There are other support groups here on the online community that you can join where you can talk to other people caring for loved ones as well. 

Family and friends 

Carers only

These are both very supportive groups where there are many people in a similar situation to yourself.

Wishing you all the best 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge