VIN 3

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi, I’m so glad to have joined this group,

im so scared, I was diagnosed yesterday with vin 3 after having had a biopsy done on the 11th December, I have a painful sore on my vulva which started in the summer last year, it was tiny to begin with now it’s around the size of a 50p, I am in so much pain every time I pass urine, my doctor gave me a barrier cream to put on but it doesn’t help at all, I scream every time I go, my appointment with the gynaecologist is on the 23rd, I don’t know what to expect, what happens next, I’ve also had a brain hemmorage back in 2016, which has left me with some issues, what else can life throw at me, will they check that it’s went from vin3 to cancer, is there any kind of numbing cream I could apply before I go to the toilet, I can’t take this pain any longer. Thankyou for letting me get my confused state of mind out there, xx

• Hi and welcome to the online community

It's natural to be scared when you've just been diagnosed and I'm sorry to hear that you're in a lot of pain.

I haven't had VIN but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses so by replying to you it will bump it back to the top of the page where it'll be more easily seen.

While you're waiting for relies from people with experience of VIN3 you could have a look through the previous posts that mention it and respond to any people who you think could help.

I have found this information for you that Macmillan have produced that tells you what VIN is and what the usual treatment is. 

As it's quite a while before your appointment with a gynaecologist I'd suggest that you speak to your GP about getting something to sooth the pain.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thankyou for your words of reassurance, thankfully I am a nurse working in orthopaedics and was lucky enough to speak to out tissue viability team who gave me pronostan to put on it until my appointment, it has soothed it a little when I go to the toilet,it’s still very uncomfortable, roll on the 23rd to discuss getting rid of it.  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Shona, 

I joined the group 4 months ago and have just read your post. How are you getting on ? Did you have treatment?

Jane45

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi, thankyou for getting in touch, 

I did get treatment, I had surgery to remove the cancerous leision and removal of a polop from my womb, 

fortunately it hadn’t progressed any further and will get regular check ups every 6 months, 

the vin 3 was an awful experience to go through and the pain was intense, I was lucky enough to get surgery before everything was locked down, thankyou again for asking how I got on, shona. X