Here we go again!

• 1 reply
  • 31 subscribers

Last year I was diagnosed with stage z3 vulva cancer and underwent surgery, followed by radio and chemotherapy.  Finished that in July and went back to work in October.  

about 5-6 weeks ago I found a new lump and contact the hospital. Last week it was confirmed the cancer is back. I have 3 areas of concern and had biopsies this week and having an mri next week. My consultant said the results will determine how drastic the surgery needs to be.  I knew they’d be more aggressive this time but it shocked me to hear it.  I know if will fight it with every part of me but I’m also scared.  I’m shocked it came back so quickly too. 

• Hi  

I’m so sorry to read your cancer has recurred-my cervical cancer recurred about 9 months after my chemoradiation, so I can understand your shock and how scary this feels. 

I know my cancer is different, but I did have major and very extensive surgery as my cancer became aggressive very quickly when it came back. I know it might not feel like it, but it’s good that surgery can be an option for you.  I hope you don’t have too long to wait to get your mri results back so you will know the next steps.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm