Understanding cancer of the vulva

• 3 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vulva cancer in 2022, I knew nothing about this cancer and what was going to happen. I stumbled across a book in my women’s clinic called Understanding cancer of the vulva by MacMillan Cancer Support. It is an excellent book and gives you so much information and advice. It really helped me through my cancer journey.

• Hi  

Thank you for mentioning this-I have linked before in the group to the booklet I think you are referring to, and will put it on again as other ladies will hopefully find it useful too. 

Understanding Vulva Cancer

How are you doing now? I’m not sure if I’ve seen you post before, but I’m sure you will have valuable experience to share if you’d like to join in on any of the threads.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Sarah,

This is not a booklet it has over 134 pages.  It is just about vulva cancer and covers everything from telling you about vulva cancer, diagnosing, treatment, after treatment, feelings and relationships, work and financial support and lots of other information. I’ll try and post a picture of the front of the book. I stumbled upon it when I went to clinic for my check up and after reading it thought I wish I had this book at the beginning of this journey.  I told the Helen Rollason charity about it who are giving me reflexology treatments which greatly aided my recovery and they decided to get copies for their centres.

hope this helps.

• Hi  

I wonder if you read a different one? Although this is referred to as a booklet, when you go to view it online,  it actually has 126 pages so it is pretty substantial, and is specifically about vulva cancer. If there is another Macmillan book about vulva cancer it would be really good to see what this is, as I have only found the one I linked to. Anything which helps with understanding this disease would be an excellent resource to feature in the group. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm