Vulva lesion

• 4 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi, I hope it’s ok that I post in here as I’m not diagnosed with aanything at the moment.  

I noticed lump on my outer vulva in January, not sure how long it’s been there but it was painless.  It looks a bit like a bruise/ closed ulcer with white edges.  

I showed it to the doctor and she seemed quite concerned so she’s referred me urgently, she said it looks unusual and feels lumpy.  

I have a gynaecology appointment now in a couple of weeks and I’m panicking and overthinking.   The doctor said it was reassuring it wasn’t sore but now it’s started to get a tiny bit itchy and my groin feels achy.  

I know I shouldn’t gGoogle but I’ve tried and I can’t see anything like it online at all.  

does anyone have any advice?  What should I expect from the appointment. 

• Also meant to add im 36 and have not relevant history of any issues.

• Hi  

What a worrying time for you. Your GP has done the best thing in referring you. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about, but it is always best to get any changes checked. 

I don't really have any advice unfortunately. The only thing I would say is to note down any questions you have so that you can be sure not to forget anything. 

My first appointment was with a dermatologist, they examined the area thoroughly and decided a biopsy was necessary. I attended a different clinic for that. Following my biopsy I had an appointment with a gynaecologist and they examined the area and then booked me in to have what the biopsy had confirmed was VIN3 removed. 

I am here if you want to talk or have any questions.

Good luck, I hope yours is nothing to worry about. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much for your reply.  It's a gynaecologist I'm seeing in a couple of weeks, hopefully it's nothing but it's just making me really nervous.  I've tried to look at photos online and I can't see anything like it. 

• Hi  

Your anxiety is perfectly normal. I am sorry you’re going through this. 

I can tell you what mine looked like, but from my understanding the appearance can vary so it may not be very helpful. Mine was a white lesion that was very itchy and then after some time it started burning. Like I say though I think it can vary. 

I hope your appointment comes round quickly so that you can get a medical opinion. I know how difficult the waiting is. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm