Waiting on referal for strange new lump

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi All,

It's been a few days and I have reading some stories from all you incredible people, diagnosed and undiagnosed.

Why am I here? Reassurance? To offload? To not feel alone? Oh boy my head is a mess right now.

Not been very well lately, been struggling at work, struggling with normal day to day activities, felt like i had an on going UTI, persistent itch and a feeling of fullness in the vagina. Been tested and no UTI. 

I check myself regular usually as I have a strong womens cancer in my family, mother cervical, sister womb. I have had abnormal smears myself also but have neglected testing since the pandemic. 

Was rather upset to hear from the doc that I haven't been suffering from UTI and not thrush which I keep treating regularly thinking the itch was down to that, with the new itch I have had constant blood stained mucus. I have had general warts at 18 which was treated in hospital as it was rather severe i am now 39 and no recurrence and have been positive for HPV. I also suffer from barholion cysts and I know that these lumps are not that.

The lumps I've found are strange with blood vessels running through them and are attached to the opening of the vagina and not inside, one is smooth and round the other part that is attached is bumpy with thick skin it's one mass but different, white in colour and size of a blueberry.

I wondered if anyone had experienced similar, benign or not and share their experiences.

I will try and ayteach pic in comments but was unsure of the rules.

• Hi ,

I don’t have experience of the lump you speak of, but I was diagnosed and treated for vulval cancer. I remember the itch being dreadful! 

Have you had or do you have a biopsy planned? I hope you get to the bottom of why you have the itch and the lump soon.

Hopefully someone with experience similar to yours will come along soon. I am very happy to answer any questions if I am able to, so please do ask if there anything you would like to know. 

Please do let us know how you get on!

Good luck and take care

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm