Hi! New Here

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

I just wanted to say hi. I am from the US I have been going through all this stuff since 2015. I was just diagnosed with vaginal cancer on Monday 6/17/24. 

I have had a recurrence of VAIN 2/3 Since 2015. I have had many ablations and used efudex Many many times. The reason why I went to the doctor was because I felt a lump in my vagina. The gynecologist did a Pap smear, which I did not understand, he should’ve just done a biopsy, but instead he sent me too a gynecologist oncologist. In the end, I’m glad that he did because she is a wonderful physician. She took one look of this mass and said this is cancer. We have to wait for the biopsy, but please get prepared Monday of this week. I had the biopsy done and it was confirmed that it was cancer. I will have a MRI on Monday and a pet scan on Tuesday on Thursday. I will meet with the board of doctors to find out my  course of treatment. 

Love and healing to allHeart

Jess

• Hi Jess  and welcome to our group.

Gosh, you have certainly had a lot to deal with these past few years and now you’ve had a cancer diagnosis it’s like the icing on the cake. I’ve got a different story, but had a tumour growing down into my vagina so I tend to be around in all of these related groups. I had chemoradiation and ultimately surgery. 

I’m glad you’ve got a good doctor and things are moving for you now, and in the US you tend to get results back quickly, so hopefully you will get a plan of action very soon.

As Macmillan is a UK based charity, lots of us are in the UK so you may notice the time difference when you post or are waiting for replies, but you are of course very welcome to be with us. You may notice differences in our health systems, but ultimately we are all here to support each other, so I hope you’ll keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm