Feel like I’m spinning and loosing control of my life.

• 6 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi everyone,

my names zanna 35 years old

im new in this group but not knew to cancer sadly.

last year I got married 14/10/22 sadly I was feeling I’ll for a while and went to the doctors and got diagnosed with cervical cancer in December 2022. In February I had a radical hysterectomy with lymph nodes removed and ovaries tubes removed but left ovaries.

I was given all clear.

at my five month vault smear check last Friday they said they could visually see abnormal growths at the top on my vagina where the stitches were. They have taken samples and I’m waiting again for that two weeks of torture. 

I feel lost… spinning and 

I’ve been have trouble

with going to the toilet and having sex and with discharge and pain but I was putting this down to recovery as with my nerve damage and drop foot I just

told myself ey least the cancer is gone!

but now I’m terrified it’s back 

when I was being examined they got the there to come in a look I could see on their faces they didn’t want to scared me but I knew what they were thinking and I’m just at a loss with how to get through this again. 

• Hi  and welcome to the group.

I was in a very similar situation myself, so can understand how you are feeling right now. The wait for biopsy results is a horrible position to be in, and the wait seems endless. I definitely understand the fear, but nothing is certain until the biopsy results come back. The doctors don’t know for certain at the moment what the growths are. 

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2018 which was too advanced for a radical hysterectomy, so I had chemoradiation. My cancer recurred unfortunately soon after treatment  ended, and I ended up with surgery at that point. The cancer was also at the top of my vagina, but it was a recurrence of cervical cancer rather than a new primary vaginal cancer. 

The biopsy will firstly determine if this is cancer, and then if it is a recurrence of your cervical cancer or a new primary cancer. Although your abnormal growths are at the top of your vagina, it does not necessarily mean it is vaginal cancer.

It takes a lot to absorb having another diagnosis, if this is the case, but I did find an inner strength I didn’t know I had to deal with it. There was no choice. 

I’m so sorry you are facing another potential diagnosis, but hope that you will find support and help here in the community. Please feel free to post as often as you wish and ask any questions. Let us know when you get your results, and you know what the next steps will be if it’s cancer. There is support for you here.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Sarah,

means a lot to log and and see a response from someone who has felt that pain spinning and fear and one who had re-occurrence I think if it is cancer it will be the same as u as is right where my cervical cancer was. 

I should hear by the 4th well that will be the two week mark but I know from last time sometimes there’s delays so I’m prepared for that this time. 
    I know that inner strength you talk about our minds and body are able to handle a lot more than we think I’ve had a life of using my strength and trying my best to not sit in the anger of the why me brain xxxxxx

thank you for being there I hope u are ok x

• Sarah can ask chemo

for this type of cancer do you loose your hair? I’m aware different there are different type so I thought I would ask x

• Hi Zanna

When I had chemo for my cervical cancer I had Cisplatin and I was told I would not lose my hair.

This was true for me. I didn’t lose any-there was no difference in my hair at all. 

I really hope that you find out more information soon-the waiting is so hard. I’m sending you a virtual hug now-I understand.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Thank you Sarah I hugging u right back x

• Hi  

How are you feeling? Have you heard anything yet? I hope you are coping ok.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum