Hi there, I'm new...

• 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

I was diagnosed with vaginal adenocarcinoma in February, which I'm told is very rare. I'm currently midway through five weeks of radical chemoradiotherapy. So far so good, no ill effects. Feeling positive. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

I'm glad to hear that you've had no side effects from your treatment so far and I hope that continues. Although you say that your type of vaginal cancer is rare I'm sure you'll still find people here willing to share experiences with you.

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Rube8, I also have vaginal adenocarcinoma. You are the only other person that I have heard of with this type of cancer!

• Hi Winsome! Reading your profile you have been through such a lot, and things are sounding positive. I finished chemoradiotherapy yesterday so I'm feeling raw. I think I'll be spending the next two weeks in my nightie! 

• Chemoradiotherapy is tough. Well done getting through it. I hope you recover quickly. I had a few weeks in my nightie.