Vaginectomy

• 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi, I'm new to this group and was wondering if anyone can help me. My background journey is a bit unusual but I am now 11 weeks on from having 3/4 of my vagina removed along with internal and some external reconstruction. I'm still experiencing some issues, with discharge and my bladder and am a lot way off contemplating having sex with my husband. BUT I would love to find out how other members have got on with resuming sexual intercourse after having this type of operation. I know lubrication and the lack of any feeling will be an issue but any advice would be greatly appreciated because athe moment I'm not even sure if I can ever contemplate intercourse again 

• Hi and a warm welcome to the Online Community. I just dropped by and noticed you've not yet had a reply to your post but I'm sure the members will be along soon to chat. Having read your bio I can see you've really gone through it over the years and I'm sorry for that.

I have a different type of cancer - womb - but I can identify vaginal dryness. After brachytherapy I have to use the dreaded dilators, (For me sexual intercourse is a distant memory what with hubby's hip problems and age LOL) I use Optilube lubricating gel which I get on prescription. I've seen other ladies mention what they use so hopefully they'll be along to offer suggestions and advice.

I wish you all the best with your recovery and I'm sending you welcoming hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Mrs BJH

Thankyou so much for your response, I shall certainly enquire about the lubricating gel, although I'm a long way off contemplating anything intimate at the moment. 

I hope you continue well on your recovery journey. 

X